Complaint Review: CBCS

• Updated: Mon, April 06, 2009

• Reported By:Texarkana Arkansas
CBCS
Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS (collection Agency) Attempts to collect debts you don't owe--apparently uses names obtained from the internet as owed. Columbus Ohio

I received a call from this company saying that I owed a debt. My mortgage is the ONLY debt I owe.

After a conversation where I got the name of the company I was supposed to owe (an emergency medical company and a doctor), I hung up.

I searched the Internet for the purported emergency company and found NOTHING. The doctor's name was on the Internet, but available to anyone.

I googled CBCS and found that 195 other people had the same or a similar experience. I called a friend who had trouble with a collection agency harassing her about an unpaid (and un-owed) phone bill. Guess what? It was CBCS.

No telling how many thousands of people in this country are sending checks to these scam artists to "protect their credit rating."

Sadly, these scums have my personal info including SS#! I have reported them to the Columbus police, the Ohio attorney general, the Federal Trade Commission, and the FBI as well as to the doctor whose name they were fraudently using.

Stuart
Texarkana
Arkansas

Stuart
Texarkana, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2009 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS/Columbus-Ohio/CBCS-collection-Agency-Attempts-to-collect-debts-you-dont-owe-apparently-uses-names-ob-441179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS