Complaint Review: CBCS

• Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:richmond Virginia
Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

CBCS hijacked my bank account Richmond Virginia

I have no idea who CBCS corporate is...but I have received bills from them for quite a long time. I of course chuck them in the shredder as there is no identification with them. No explanation of whom or what their bills are related to. I too have received numerous phone calls as well as messages left on my machine from "Steve" and "Chad".

The worst message I received was coming home to find a note on my door from our next door neighbor which read... my name and my husband's name...Steve has been trying to contact you...it is important that you call and then the note had the ph. number. which of course was toll-free.
I called the number...asked for the name and was told he is not in. I was asked my ph. number - I would not give it and followed by saying you obviously already have it.

I then said to give "steve" a message for me. Told them that I did not know if they are an actual collection company for a debt owed by me to anyone else, but that I was certain their practice of looking up people's neighbors and calling them to leave notes was illegal and that I would consider any further contact from them be it through neighbors, family, friends - to be harassment and would take any steps available to me to get them in court. While telling the person this, he was shouting to me that what they did is perfectly legal and then began demanding to know if I screen my calls as well as cussing at me. The only thing I responded to was when I said yes indeed I screen my calls because of bogus theives like you.

This month I get a bank statement. There is a charge off of my account to ----CBCS. What do you make of that! How did that happen. I am stuck on what to do.

richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 04:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS/Richmond-Virginia-23229/CBCS-hijacked-my-bank-account-Richmond-Virginia-399007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS