Complaint Review: CBCS

• Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:Bradenton Florida
CBCS
Nationwide U.S.A.

CBCS Collection Agency have rude callers trying to collect money for compaies they can't even say you owe! I feel they are trying to make false claims to collect money. Columbus Ohio

CBCS continually calls and leave messages, usually by a man named Oscar, saying they are collecting a debt. I have tried to call back before, but no one answers. They send letters in my daughter and in my name. They have different amounts they try to collect for. CBCS never says who a debt is owed to. I have no outstanding debt.

Recently a Jennifer called our house. She was demanding $100. She said the call is being recorded. I asked who do I owe money too? She said the name of my town. I said that's my town, who is the company I supposedly owe money to. She mumbled something. I said I couldn't understand her, and she mumbled something again. I said I'm glad this conversation is being recorded. She then said she couldn't pronounce the company name, and demanded the money again. She rudely asked where I worked, and what my work number was.

I feel this is a dishonest company contacting people under false identity claiming they are a ligitimate collection agancy. Then they lie, and say you owe money to companies they can't btell you who they are, or in Jennifer's case makes up a story that she can't pronounce the companies name. I finally had to hang up on her. I do have a tape recorder ready for the next time they call. If they call again or send anything to a credit agency, I plan to contact the Ohio State District Attorney's office and my attorney to take them to court.

James
Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2008 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS/nationwide/CBCS-Collection-Agency-have-rude-callers-trying-to-collect-money-for-compaies-they-cant-e-296168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS