Complaint Review: CBS Outdoor

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: David — Twin Lakes Wisconsin U.S.A.
CBS Outdoor
444 N Michigan Ave # 110 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

CBS Outdoor CBS Billboards SOLD ME BILLBOARDS THEY KNOW WOULD NOT WORK, THEN SUED ME FOR PAYMENT Chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: CBS Outdoor - I am looking into what they do!

In late 2010 I signed a contract for (3) Billboards in Chicago Area:  1 on rt. 31 in Aurora, 1 on 294  by Grand Avenue and one on I-55 at 1st Avenue.  CBS Outdoor charged me $1500.00 for the vinyl and $7,200.00/month.  I paid their bill on time.  I was very disappointing as I did not get any calls, much less any business.  Toward the end of the 3 month term, CBS Outdoor assigned an attractive woman to wo me and told me, per their experience, I needed to give it more time.  Besides thay had some half-baked statistics that between the three billboard, they we getting over 11 million views/month.  I signed on for a year.  After three months and no phone calls/business from the billboards I stopped paying them and told my rep i wanted out.  She said I was locked in.  Three months later after not receiving payment, they took my billboards down and put up some others from an industry other than mine.  Now CBS has turned it over to their stiff shirted cuff linked attorney in Phoewnix, AZ who are suing me for $90,0000.00 plus court costs.

CBS Outdoor billboards DO NOT WORK.  In fact, CBS Outdoor billboards are a ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBS-Outdoor/Chicago-Illinois-60611/CBS-Outdoor-CBS-Billboards-SOLD-ME-BILLBOARDS-THEY-KNOW-WOULD-NOT-WORK-THEN-SUED-ME-FOR-P-909117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBS Outdoor

CBS Outdoor - I am looking into what they do!

AUTHOR: The Facts Always - ()

I feel for you. This is a corporate giant that appears to STEP on anyone that gets in their way!

If they sold your spots to another advertiser, I would see if they can still hold you liable. I think that this company has deep pockets and they have been able to over turn many obstacles which made them MILLIONS! I would tell the world of your story because they have done the same thing to hundreds of other business advertisers without hesitation. They have forced many companies into bankruptcy.

Good luck! They do give you figures that do not mean anything. They make them up. Some figures are correct as to how many cars pass a certain location but big deal. They tell you that your business is going to get this and that... WHATEVER!