Complaint Review: CBS Yellow Pages LLC

• Submitted: Mon, February 22, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 23, 2010

• Reported By: MBS — Van Nuys California United States of America
CBS Yellow Pages LLC

CBS Yellow Pages LLC ILD Teleservices, CBS Yellow Pages-Directory Monthly Fee Program, ildteleservices.com, 1-800-433-4518 CBS Yellow Pages LLC/ILD Teleservices - Scam program that place unauthorized charges on your phone bill Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please Call CBS customer support for a refund

Beware if you do not have a 3rd party block or long distance carrier listed on your phone bill. You may be susceptible to invasion by CBS Yellowpages LLC placing unauthorized monthly charges on your phone bill.

I noticed in January 2010 that suddenly I began getting charges by ILD Teleservices c/o CBS Yellowpages - Directory Monthly Fee Program on my regular phone bill from AT&T.  They were charging me $54.45/mth

I began trying to contact ILD Teleservices at their toll free number at 1-800-433-4518 but was never able to leave a message as it kept looping or would just cut off...very suspicious.

I then called my phone company, AT&T and they told me that ILD Teleservices was listed as my long distance carrier.  I did not even know this company nor did I authorize any such service. I did not have a long distance carrier on my phone plan as I always use my cell phone or 10-10-987 for such calls.  After much time and effort AT&T informed me that the only way we could stop this charge was for me to switch to some long distance carrier to replace this CBS Yellowpages company.  Although I could choose any long distance carrier, it forced me to have to choose one that I was not even interested in having!  If I didn't, it left that slot open and apparently vulnerable to any company to come in and authorize itself as my carrier!

I asked the AT&T rep if they've been getting other complaints about ILD Teleservices and he did say that yes, but that they noticed that this was occurring only for those phone customers that did not have a long distance carrier listed under their phone plan.

So beware.  Make sure you have some long distance carrier listed on your plan or if your phone company will put on a 3rd Party Block, make sure you do that.  I ended up listing myself with AT&T long distance but without a program so that there was no monthly service charge and would only be charged if I used it.  I will still use my cell phone for long distance calls but at least I have something filling in that slot.

Meanwhile, I have been unsuccessful so far in getting any refund for these bogus charges and may be still out about $110 for the 2 months it took before I could stop it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBS-Yellow-Pages-LLC/internet/CBS-Yellow-Pages-LLC-ILD-Teleservices-CBS-Yellow-Pages-Directory-Monthly-Fee-Program-il-573447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBS Yellow Pages LLC

Please Call CBS customer support for a refund

AUTHOR: Review - (United States of America)

Hi,
My name is Shiela and I am a supervisor for the above mentioned company. We are sorry that you had a poor experience with our company.  We had recently launched a marketing campaign via email during the month in your message.  It may have been possible that you upgraded by accident to a premium listing when filling out your company data by not choosing the free listing option.  All of our update/sign up pages  have terms and conditions of cost located on the right side of any web form.

Please call our Customer Support at 877-935-5695 and a customer service representative will be happy to provide a full refund for you. Please allow one billing cycle for the phone company to show the credits on your phone bill.

We take pride in providing exceptional service to our customers and this is no exception.  If you are not happy we will take care of this.

Again, I am sorry for your experience.

Shiela