Complaint Review: CC Brown Law

• Updated: Mon, January 17, 2011

• Reported By: David — Salt Lake City Utah USA
CC Brown Law
193 East Fort Union Blvd Midvale, Utah United States of America

CC Brown Law The Law Offices of CC Brown Loan Modification rip off Midvale, Utah

*Consumer Comment: I Wish I Had Known Months Ago

CC Brown Law is not a reputable firm to engage if you are considering a Loan Modifcation. They way over promise and way under deliver. I have been in their offices and they do not look anything like the conference room on their home page. It is an absolute disaster with files and people stacked everywhere. It is all about collecting a fee from you before you know what's happening. They have people working for them who simply don't know what they are doing. They have been fined by the Utah Division of Real Estate and regularly break the law in the general course of business.

They also collect up-front fees from consumers in the State of California which is illegal. Don't give these guys a dime. Call a reputable company if you need help. Don't make the mistake I did.

If you feel you have been Ripped-Off by CC Brown and company please call your State regulator.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2011 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CC-Brown-Law/Midvale-Utah-84047/CC-Brown-Law-The-Law-Offices-of-CC-Brown-Loan-Modification-rip-off-Midvale-Utah-683737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CC Brown Law

I Wish I Had Known Months Ago

AUTHOR: Austin - (United States of America)

Having been a client with CC Brown since February 2010, I have been trying to get a refund on my account since August 2010 (when my modification was declined and I was a week away from the auction block). Dozens of phone calls have been met with numerous forwards to voice mailboxes that are constantly full, business offices that never return phone calls, and emails that are never replied to.

I thought I had done my homework when I signed the contract to work with this firm on a modification. As a single mother, this was an enormous expense for me to try and lower my mortgage payments to something more affordable. Instead...I am out my attorney fees (that were to be "fully refundable" if they couldn't get my modification), as well as mortgage company attorney fees (when my mortgage company had to hire a an attorney for foreclosure processes), not to mention that my second mortgage went in to bad debt (without the firm notifying me in time to save it), thus the whole ordeal has done significant damage to my credit history. And now, I'm in worse shape than before.

I wish I had known at this time last year to stay clear of this firm. It's so difficult to sort through the mounds of attorneys offering home loan modification assistance. I will continue to seek help in getting retribution from this firm.

I have been truly ripped-off. Don't get ripped off too.