Complaint Review: CCA Aka First National Merchant Credit Card Aka National ATM Debt Card

• Submitted: Fri, June 11, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 11, 2004

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
CCA Aka First National Merchant Credit Card Aka National ATM Debt Card
P.O. Box 7559 San Francisco, California U.S.A.

CCA Aka First National Merchant Credit Card Aka National ATM Debt Card did not receive catalog after I paid $199.00 processing fee. Wrote to company asking them to not to charge our account for anything else, they did San Francisco California

I received a letter in the mail promising me upwards of $5,000.00 in credit to use exclusively with their catalog. It was agreed that I would pay the $199.99 processing fee via an ach transaction from my checking account. After the funds were received by this company, I was told to expect my catalog in 7-10 business days. When I did not, I called back and was told that the catalog was still there but they could put in a 'rush' delivery request. I was told that I would recive the catalog within 3-4 business days. Once I did not, I called and called and called and called. The phone mostly automatically disconnects you or you have to wait appx. 30 min. to talk with a representative.

The initial letter offered a protection program ($99.00) and a sort of 'deluxe' protection plan ($199.99) The letter asks that if you do not notify them in writing to say otherwise, they would send the amount thru for the lesser of the two amounts to your checking account. I mailed a letter stating that I was not interested in protection. I called to confirm that they received the letter and they said they did.

Today, while banking online, I noticed an ach transaction for $99.00!!! This transaction was not authorized. I have filed a claim with my bank as well as Better Business Burea (they already have an extensive history with bbb)A word to the wise, check with BBB first

Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2004 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCA-Aka-First-National-Merchant-Credit-Card-Aka-National-ATM-Debt-Card/San-Francisco-California-94120/CCA-Aka-First-National-Merchant-Credit-Card-Aka-National-ATM-Debt-Card-did-not-receive-cat-94510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCA Aka First National Merchant Credit Card Aka National ATM Debt Card