Complaint Review: CCA Catalog

• Submitted: Thu, November 04, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 04, 2004

• Reported By:Auburn Georgia
CCA Catalog
PO Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

CCA Catalog ripping off the deceased Las Vegas Nevada

On September 8, 2004 my father sent a check to CCA Catalog in the amount of $199.00. This is apparently their membership fee. On September 18, 2004 my father passed away suddenly. On September 24, 2004 his check presented to the bank and was returned to CCA. At that time neither my sister nor I new anything about CCA but that was about to change. My sister made the initial contact to find out what the check was for.

They explained it was for a membership fee. She told them our father had died and they should close the account. They told her we would still have to pay the money. My sister faxed them a copy of the death certificate and a letter requesting the cancel the membership. Yesterday I received an envelope in the mail from CCA with the "credit cards" I contacted CCA after trying for over an hour to ask if they wanted the cards back. The lady I talked to told me someone would call me in 24-48hrs and then she hung up.

My sister received a message from someone named Eugene, but everytime she tries to call him back the system hangs up on her after saying call back in one hour. As far as I am concerned we dont owe them anything and they wont get any from us or our dad's estate

James
Auburn, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2004 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCA-Catalog/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/CCA-Catalog-ripping-off-the-deceased-Las-Vegas-Nevada-116136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCA Catalog