Steele

• Submitted: Wed, August 31, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 21, 2006

• Reported By:Hyattsville Maryland
CCA First National Bank Membercard
PO Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

CCA First National Bank Membercard RIP-OFF Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: ???

I'd like to first thank this website for broadening my horizons and informing me how much of a rip-off this credit card is. For the past three months I have been cleaning up my credit report to what has been diminished and damaged by a car dealership attempting to get me into a Ford Focus for the cost of $40K. Although, the wait is excruciating to speak with a representative from the credit bureaus having inaccurate or unauthorized information removed from your credit report is better than not knowing or accepting.

In the past year, I have received three of these credit cards from this company telling me I have been approved. This time I became really interested but decided to do some research on this company. First I read that after your account is debited you have actually paid $587 for usage of this credit card. Also, the minimum monthly payment will be $300 or 10% of the entire balance, what a rip-off. Next, there's no e-mail, fax or website for this company. Most major credit cards or credit cards that are deemed to help you improve your credit have a website and other information available via telephone, e-mail and/ or fax for you to retrieve. CCA, does not.

Also, I have opted out of receiving such solicitation through the mail and yet everyone has stopped except, you got it CCA. I would attempt in calling but as I read there's an extremely long wait for me to speak with someone instead, I'd rather file a complaint with the BBB. In times like this when you have a complaint or issue with a company it's best to check into your resources, such as the Better Business Bureau and also your Consumer Protection Division and Credit Bureaus for help.

Hope this helps anyone who's looking to find research on this company.

For the young man who has the issue with his bank. I received a call from an Oxford Financial, who guaranteed me $10 or more in grants. I had to pay them $249 but only after I received their package. With that $249, came a hotel accommodations to Missouri, Virginia or Las Vegas. Then came a 6 day 5 night trip to Florida for $149 and some type of phone service through a travel agency for $29.99 a month. I swear I couldn't write the termination numbers down fast enough. I received my package and it was a two sided piece of paper telling me about a website that would help me get a grant.

I tried canceling the debit from the company but when I called I got a home recording, always saying the representative would be with me then telling me to leave a message. I left so many messages, I became pissed. I even tried acting like a bank representative and they still didn't call me back. So, I put an ACH debit on my account and had the money refunded allowing my bank the headache of investigating. Then came one month the telephone service fee, I called them and disconnected that, when they answered the phone saying Great Vacation Values, I felt like an ass. Then another $149 was withdrawn from account for this trip to Florida, I'm trying to take this trip but all it includes is hotel accommodations and I must pay $50 to get those. Some trip this must be.

Beware of scams and investigate before you enroll or accept.

Andria
Hyattsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2005 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCA-First-National-Bank-Membercard/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/CCA-First-National-Bank-Membercard-RIP-OFF-Las-Vegas-Nevada-155577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCA First National Bank Membercard

???

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Well... Im one of the member that is having a problem to activate this card. I mean is actually my first time having a credit card, but I don't quite understand why am I having difficulties on activating it. I think this company is very unorganize, how they expect customers to be satisfy knowing that they are not available when they needed.