Complaint Review: CCA, Tom Barron

• Reported By: Richard — Denver Colorado United States of America
CCA, Tom Barron
2600 Central Ave. Suite N Union City, California United States of America

CCA, Tom Barron deceptive and extremely rude! Union City, California

Because of the Disney Mobile bankruptcy (or whatever happened to the company) and the economy, we were forced to close our "mom and pop" cell phone store.  We talked to our representative at Barclay Square Leasing Inc. and told him that we were closing the store.  He agreed to come and pick up the equipment.

This last month I noticed that Barclay Leasing had a negative hit on my credit report for money that I supposedly owed to them.  I disputed it and suddenly received the phone calls from Jeff Winters and then from his "supervisor", Tom Barron.  I asked questions that could not be answered by Jeff.  When I asked to have a copy of the original paperwork where he said there was an "uncancelable" clause in it and I owed $2908.70, Tom Barron said "I thought you were going to say something intelligent!"  That was the end of my discussion to him.  He threatened a law suit.

We had a verbal agreement that when the Barclay representative took the credit card machine with him that our contract was done.  We were completely paid up.  The services were done.  The store was gone.  They want to continue to charge for what?  We didn't even have the machine to make credit card transactions and for what reason would we make them if we didn't have the store?

I have been researching online and see that many, many people have the same complaints.  When will this stop?  We need to stand up against large businesses that abuse their power.  This just takes common sense.  I would like to see that they are held accountable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCA-Tom-Barron/Union-City-California-94587/CCA-Tom-Barron-deceptive-and-extremely-rude-Union-City-California-789264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCA, Tom Barron