Complaint Review: CCA aka The First National Merchantcard

• Submitted: Tue, September 03, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, September 03, 2002

• Reported By:Andrews SC
CCA aka The First National Merchantcard
PO Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

CCA aka First National Merchant card is a ripoff. Las Vegas, Nevada

Attempted to receive money without proof of merchandise .....

Today I received an "Approved" maximum 6,500 unsecured credit line from a Merchant company called CCA along with a plastic "credit card" with my name, an account number, and an expiration date. Via this letter I was fully aware that this was not a credit card, it stated that it would not help me establish credit, and it would be used for shopping with this company alone.

I figured what was there to lose. Apparently $119.99. I called the activation number (and as one consumer described, "it sounded like a boiler room"). I told the young lady that I did not have a checking account when asked (just to be on the safe side). She directed me to call (702) 392-7555. An automated message then gave me an address to mail in my $119.99 memebership fee.

I have never heard of this company so I decided to browse the catalog online before sending in this money. Of course as I anticipated, there was no website. Even the smallest businesses in our communities have a mediocre website. A company who can afford to extend a college student 6,500 in credit should be able to be found on the internet. It pays to do your homework! THANK YOU for this site!

Maria
Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2002 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCA-aka-The-First-National-Merchantcard/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/CCA-aka-First-National-Merchant-card-is-a-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-28911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCA aka The First National Merchantcard