Complaint Review: CCA

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2007

• Reported By:Springville Alabama
CCA
P.O. Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

CCA First National Card Took my money and my account info without permission, etc. Las Vegas Nevada

When I activated the card they sent me they told me I had a 30-day free trial period and I could cancel the card before the trial ended to keep them from charging me. When I called to try and cancel the card, the guy I talked to was very rude to me and at first tried to talk me out of it, but then when I told him I still wanted to cancel, he told me that I called on a bad day because they had a high caller volume and he would have to call the supervisor over to do it and it would take to long. He told me he would either have to take it out of my bank account, charge it to the card, or he could extend the trial period a little longer. I told him to extend it because I didn't want them taking money out of my account or charging it because I couldn't afford to pay it. I had a lot of things going on around the time of the last day of my extension, so I forgot about it. Even if I had remembered, I probably wouldn't have had time to wait 20-30 minutes for them to answer and then another 30 to talk to them. The other day they hit my account 3 times in one day. They took out $99.99 twice, and then $99.00. They said that it was for some kind of card security and redemption thing (that's the $99.99 twice), and my member annual fees ($99.00), all of which I never agreed to! And then they said they would be taking out another $99.00 in November for the other half of my member annual fees. They said the only way I could cancel my card was to send a written statement and them receive it 3 days prior to the beginning of the month. So after I said I'd do that they told me that it wouldn't go in effect until next year and they'd still take money out of my account in November. I went today and closed my bank account and filed paperwork for fraudulent activity. I then called CCA (for the 2nd time, the 1st time I was hung) and talked to the supervisor. I told her what happened the first time I tried to cancel the card and all she did was tell me she didn't believe me. Then I told her that I never authorized them to take out that money and I never gave them my bank account info, and of course she argued with me and told me I did authorize it and give them my bank info because that's the only way they could have got it. Then I realized, they have my SS number, so that's probably how they got it. I want this card canceled and my money back!

Amber
Springville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2007 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCA/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114/CCA-First-National-Card-Took-my-money-and-my-account-info-without-permission-etc-Las-Veg-278047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCA