Complaint Review: CCI CAMERA CITY

• Submitted: Tue, October 17, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 17, 2006

• Reported By:Orange California
CCI CAMERA CITY
342 KINGS HIGHWAY Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

CCI CAMERA CITY INC GREAT "DEALS" ...but they NEVER DELIVERED! Like the EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES, they offered products that DIDN'T EXIST...charged my card $1659.99 after I said NO...Brooklyn New York

The prices online are UNBELIEVABLE! Well...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I am a savvy consumer, and avoided all the "tricks" & attempts to up-sell, bait & switch, etc., but in the end it did not matter.

CCI charged my credit card $512 more than what I authorized, and only shipped one of the items I ordered. They substituted off-brand, cheap generics, which I never ordered, and would never use.

I ordered a Canon Digital SLR camera...and received a DIFFERENT model, only for sale in Japan, with NO WARRANTY IN THE USA. It is not cost-effective to go to Japan for warranty work...and I cannot read the manuals.

Not to mention that they substituted the high-end Hoya SHMC PRO-1 filter I ordered, for a no-name set of cheapie filters I will never use.

Etc., etc., etc. Each action more frustrating and egregiously outragious than the one before.

I am in the midst of trying to return the order, have disputed the charges with my credit card company, but it is a huge waste of time, with no guarantee of a satisfactory outcome.

Lori
Orange, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2006 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCI-CAMERA-CITY/Brooklyn-New-York-11223/CCI-CAMERA-CITY-INC-GREAT-DEALS-but-they-NEVER-DELIVERED-Like-the-EMPERORS-NEW-CLOT-216329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCI CAMERA CITY