Complaint Review: CCL Logistics-Canada

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: Jessica — Girard Ohio
CCL Logistics-Canada
356 Bay Street, Internet Canada

CCL Logistics-Canada CCL Logistics Canada along with Nathalie Powell scammed me! Toronto Canada Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Consolidated Carriers Ltd not affiliated with CCL Logistics Canada

*Consumer Comment: Thank You, I almost got scammed also

I was scammed people! beware of a Nathalie Powell on Craigslist! On May 5, 2013 I responded to an ad on craigslist from a person named Nathalie Powell who had a 64gb iPad3 with Wifi and 4g for sale for $250. She responded promptly with pictures and a full description of this iPad. After some correspondence she informed me that she had moved to Canada and that she suggested we use a company called CCL Logistics as a third party to make our transaction safer. She sent me a link to there website which I looked at and googled and found to be legitimate.

After checking the website I contacted her to let her know that I would like to purchase the iPad. She told me the company would send me an invoice, which I received. It was extremely convincing with a full report on the product and how to go about paying for the iPad. I printed out all of this information. They instructed me to send money to CCL Logistics to an agent named Brian Hartford, to the location of Bolton, United Kingdom.

I printed all of this information out. They told me that once I had sent the payment I needed to send the company an email to "payment service@torcan-ccllogistics.com" with the Money Transfer Control Number from my Western Union payment receipt, and the payment sender name along with the amount transferred. Once I emailed them this information they sent me an email on May 17, 2013 saying that my payment had been received and that I should expect my shipment on Wednesday May 22, 2013.

I still have all of these emails. After not receiving my iPad in the mail today I contacted the company asking for at least a tracking number, I even contacted the seller again to no avail. I then started doing some sleuthing on the internet and found that at least five other people in the last week have been scammed by the same person and company, they stated that the real company CCL Logistics is actually based out of the UK and has no affiliation with the scammer Toronto canada company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCL-Logistics-Canada/internet/CCL-Logistics-Canada-CCL-Logistics-Canada-along-with-Nathalie-Powell-scammed-me-Toronto-1053065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCL Logistics-Canada

Consolidated Carriers Ltd not affiliated with CCL Logistics Canada

AUTHOR: Consolidated Carriers Ltd - ()

Dear internet users, many thanks for posting your experiences online. I am emailing from Consolidated Carriers Ltd (CCL). We are a logistics company based in Scotland in the UK and have no affiliations with companies in the USA or Canada, and no branches over there. I believe you've been involved in a scam which has been set up using our company name and logo by individuals in Canada, calling themselves CCL Logistics Toronto/Canada. Items were posted on Craigslist for sale and buyers were asked to transfer money through Western Union, making shipping enquiries through fraudulent websites using part of our company domain. We do not hold goods or money and have no affiliations with these individuals.

We would suggest that you contact the relevant authorities with your experience - we have done the same both in the UK and in Canada, following reports from other internet users. We are confident that these sites have now been closed down.

We do hope you retrieve your money soon – we would also suggest that you contact your bank about the fraudulent transaction.

Many thanks for your assistance and for posting your experience online, we very much appreciate your help.

Best regards from Scotland,

Dawn Henderson,

CCL, CCL House, Burnside Place, Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland, UK, KA10 6LZ

AUTHOR: Ellen - ()

Thank you so much for posting this information and providing the details.  I have been communicating with Nathalie via e-mail, also for purchasing an iPad for $250.  She/He has followed the exact same steps and was asking me to do this through CCL Logistics.  I was checking them out when I ran across your scam report.  Thank you for saving me from losing $250.

trucks