Complaint Review: CCR

• Submitted: Tue, July 27, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, July 27, 2010

• Reported By: 93 chev truck — Hartland New Brunswick Canada
282 Route 560 Jacksonville,, New Brunswick Canada

CCR Mike Arnold, said to bring it back & they would fix the door hadles if it got worse... it did... and he would not. Jacksonville, New Brunswick

My truck was taken to CCR because they are the best body shop around. They do the best work & if I was going to spend a lot of money on something to have around for years I wanted the best work. The guy that did the work is the best body guy that I've ever seen but the owner seemed a little un professional. He would not give a written quote but I could understand that because it was a custom job they were doing on my 93 chev truck.

I paid a lot of money to get the job done right and when I went to check on the truck on different occasions I saw that the door handles that were "shaved", you could see the outline in the finish. He said they could buff that right out. I was doubtfull but it did seem to hide it a little. Mike Arnold said at the time I went to pay for the job & pick up the truck that if the door handles got worse then to bring it back and they would fix it. (at no cost to me) I had the truck in storage for the next 9 months working on the motor and getting it road worthy.

In the time that my truck was not even being driven the epoxy that was used to attach the patches for where the door handles were had started to separate and this lifted the paint and clear coat to make a bubble and outline where the patch is.

As soon as the truck was road worthy I took it back to the shop to show the owner. He had also asked that I stop by when the truck was road worthy so they could see the complete project. He then said, when I asked hime about fixing the door handles, that he was no longer the owner of "CCR" and that his body guy had taken over that business.

All of my receipts for body work that was done all say Woodstock Truck Shop on them...of which Mike Arnold is the owner operator of. I think that he should come good for what he said he would.

A lot of people see my truck and then see the poor work that was done on the handles. This gives the business a bad name and you would think that he would want to come good for the fix to show what an outstanding job they do.

People ask me why I don't take it to shows and I just shrug my shoulders and show them the door handles. I tell them that it's embarrassing to show such a great looking truck, that I obviously spent a large amount of money on, and then something small like this wasn't fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2010 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCR/Jacksonville-New-Brunswick-E7M-3G4/CCR-Mike-Arnold-said-to-bring-it-back-they-would-fix-the-door-hadles-if-it-got-worse-626832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCR