Complaint Review: CCS 1st National Card

• Submitted: Sun, August 18, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, August 18, 2002

• Reported By:Bimingham Alabama
CCS 1st National Card
61W Utah, Ste. 63 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

CCS 1st National Credit Card Division ripoff, Las Vegas Nevada

I received a pre-approved letter by mail for a Visa with a credit limit of $6,500. At first I thought this was too good to be true, but needless to stay I called the number listed on the pre-approval.

The "so called" activation center took my information and explained that in order to receive the card to reestablish my credit I had to pay a $200 application fee.

The representative explained that the $200 fee will be given back to on the card. she explained that I can purchase up to $200 worth of merchandise free of charge.

Regretful I accepted their offer. I gave them information for the automatic bank draft for the $200 fee. My daughter happended to be surfing the internet and came upon the "rip off" website. She saw an exact replica of the letter mailed to me. I quickly stopped payment on the $200 fee.

Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2002 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCS-1st-National-Card/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/CCS-1st-National-Credit-Card-Division-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-27234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCS 1st National Card