desperate

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 21, 2012

• Reported By:Niagara Falls New York
CCS Collection Agency
4530 Old Cave Spring Road, SW Roanoke,, Virginia U.S.A.

Creditors Collection Service CCS harassing me on a debt that I NEVER owed, refusing to verify with Liberty mutual!! Roanoke, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: This is the wrong CCS.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Liberty Mutual is a crappy company

In June of 2008, I switched car insurance companies from Liberty Mutual to Geico. When I switched I made certain that Geico took effect the day before the Liberty Mutual insurance policy expired to avoid a lapse in coverage. Liberty Mutual was notified of this change in writing and by phone. Liberty Mutual mistakenly issued a renewal of policy without my consent. I did not renew the policy and did not pay the premium because I HAVE OTHER INSURANCE!!!

I spoke with Liberty mutual several times because they reported me to the DMV, and that was cleared up, and CCS credit collection agancy, which refuses to check with the company that hired them (Liberty Mutual)to find that there is NO DEBT! A very nasty call was received today from CCS, in which the caller used a script and would not listen to me or treat me with the respect I deserve.

I am a responsible person with an excellent credit score and can sign my name for anything I need. I have never dealt with a collection agency in my life. This company is treating me like I have done something wrong and refuses to listen to the fact that there efforts are to collect a debt that is not valid. Why should I send them a report of my declaration page from GEICO ? That peice of paper is none of their business.

The website for CCS states Responsive. Courteous. Effective. All desired attributes of any out-sourced relationship, but generally not words that describe third party collections. The truth is that they are unwilling to listen and rude,even to the extent of informing me before they hung up that the debt collection "Will Continue. "
I think I will hire a lawyer.

Christina
Niagara Falls, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2008 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCS-Collection-Agency/Roanoke-Virginia-24018/Creditors-Collection-Service-CCS-harassing-me-on-a-debt-that-I-NEVER-owed-refusing-to-ver-382870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCS Collection Agency

This is the wrong CCS.

AUTHOR: Ccs - Roanoke, va - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with CCS Christina. According to your review however, I am sure that you have tagged the wrong business. I represent Creditors Collection Service of Roanoke, Va. I can vouch that our business does not handle any accounts from, nor do we do business with Libery Mutual.

-our business is ACA certified and we abide by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Our company's goals require us to uphold the professional image of our clients as well as treat our consumers/customers with dignity and respect.

Perhaps the CCS you are intending to refer to is based in New York. It is most definitely not our company here in Virginia.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Exlibertyemployee - (U.S.A.)

As an ex-employee of Liberty Mutual, I can assure you that the only thing that Liberty Mutual is interested in is the mighty dollar. They treat their employees like crap and nepotism is rampart within the company. So, it comes as no surprised that their clients are also treated like crap. When I had an argument with my manager about putting clients first, I was told that I should be looking out for the best interest of the company, afterall, it was Liberty Mutual who was paying my salary. Liberty Mutual's slogan should be, "our policy? Not our responsibility!"

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds