Complaint Review: CCS Collections

• Reported By:South Bend Indiana
CCS Collections
.registerednotice.com Nationwide U.S.A.

CCS Collections False Debt Collectrion Internet Indiana, Nationwide

Over the course of one weekend, I recieved four phone calls (two on Saturday, two on Sunday) from "CCS." It was a busy weekend, so I was unable to return the call. Monday morning, I recieved two calls before 9AM and finally called the number given in the message. It turned out to be a debt from Hollywood Video. I knew exactly what video they were trying to collect on because I had turned the movie in to Hollywood Video the previous week. (I had found it in my daughter's room after we had gotten a letter from Hollywood Video stating that it was missing.) While I had not paid the complete balance, I did pay a partial balance on it and I continue to rent at Hollywood (I also work part time there on the weekends).

I informed the girl on the phone that there was no debt to CCS, that the movie had been turned in and that a partial balance was paid to Hollywood Video. I also informed CCS that I would not be paying them a dime as I was paying the debt to Hollywood Video.

I will be calling Hollywood Video this afternoon and telling them what happened and demanding that they do something about it.

CCS claimed that since they had the debt now, that I was responsible to them, which I believe to be completely incorrect.

I will not be paying CCS any money what so ever. I will be working directly with Hollywood Video.

Jessica
South Bend, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2008 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCS-Collections/nationwide/CCS-Collections-False-Debt-Collectrion-Internet-Indiana-Nationwide-375598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCS Collections