occurring

• Reported By:Athens Georgia
CCS
ccsroanoke.com/contact.php Internet U.S.A.

CCS ,SCAM Internet

I have been contacted by individuals claiming to be CCS collection services; they did not have my phone number but they have been calling my mother's cell phone. After recieving several harrassing phone calls, she called me with the reference number they gave her and a phone number to call.

I called to see what was going on and was told that I have an account with Qwest long distance that is going into collections. Not only have I never had Qwest long distance, I haven't had a land line in over 3 years. The woman suggested that this collection was from that number but wouldn't give me any specifics. I asked for Qwest's contact information, but she said that they didn't have it (how could you be collecting for a company and not have a phone number for them?!).

After asking her more questions, she suddenly hung up on me. I called back and got what sounded like the same woman who then told me that the account was from Bakersfield, California - I have never lived in California! She finally told me that it must have been a wrong number that they had on file. I then called Qwest, who informed me that they do not provide service in California and the number I was given could not possibly be an account with their company.

I called "CCS" back and got the same woman yet again and I started demanding answers. She started shouting at me saying that it was just a wrong number. She got even angrier after I confronted her with information proving that she was part of a scamming operation. This "CCS" was in no way a legitimate collections agency; the real CCS company has a completely different number on their website. If you get a call from "CCS" at 1(800)741-9922 don't give them any personal information; get what info you can out of them and call the company they are supposedly collecting for. Please be careful - there is no telling what will happen if you fall for this scam.

Joesgirl963
Athens, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCS/internet/CCS-SCAM-Internet-269100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCS