Complaint Review: CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD Citibank

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:Troutdale Oregon
CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD Citibank
PO Box 6497 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD Citibank Opened credit card without my authorization Sioux Falls South Dakota

As I perused my annual credit report today, I noticed a listing for a credit card I did not recognize: CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSC (Citibank). I have never requested, authorized or used a card from Citibank.

I called Citibank. The representative stated that I had a Fred Meyer credit card (which, incidentally, I do not believe I ever had), and that it was "transferred to Citibank." I explained that this was done without my knowledge or consent. She replied that Citibank "sent me a letter but I did not respond."

Citibank has no right to issue a credit card in my name without my express approval. It is obvious that Citibank is counting on the fact that most people simply throw away unsolicited mail from credit card companies; they are certainly fully aware that when people receive these supposed "letters," the odds are great that they will be discarded as junk mail. To then claim that the recipient "did not respond" is appallingly disingenuous and underhanded; a very dishonest business practice.

Anon
Troutdale, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCSMC-SPECTRUMCBSD-Citibank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117-6497/CCSMC-SPECTRUMCBSD-Citibank-Opened-credit-card-without-my-authorization-Sioux-Falls-Sout-340745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD Citibank