Complaint Review: CD Earth

• Updated: Tue, November 17, 2009

• Reported By: Pam — Swansea Massachusetts United States of America
CD Earth
, Texas United States of America

CD Earth free trial, pay postage only,return cd and you wil not be charged, Texas

An ad on internet said "free trial" of cd and gave choice of cd's available.
One was genealogy which would interest me since I was on genealogy website!
(by chance?)

I entered my name and address and choice of cd. Then the place for my credit card # appeared (after I clicked on Next). I honestly don't remember entering my credit card # because I was ripped-off before in a "free trial, pay postage only" scam. Lesson learned, but I still got caught again. They are very tricky.

Maybe I entered my number and then deleted it on "second thought". That didn't work. I was charged for postage and 2 cd's. What's even worse, I never received the cd's.

I called my credit card co. and they couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything. So I called cd earth. I could not cancel charges but since I didn't receive the ed's I was charged for, she would send them now. And then cancel my account.
Only time will tell if I do get the cd's and account is cancelled. Wanna bet?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CD-Earth/-Texas-/CD-Earth-free-trial-pay-postage-onlyreturn-cd-and-you-wil-not-be-charged-Texas-525094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CD Earth