Complaint Review: CDL Rental

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Big Deer Hunter — Weatherford Texas United States of America
CDL Rental
South Bowie Drive Weatherford, Texas United States of America

CDL Rental in Weatherford, TX - CDL Rental TX SCAM BEWARE Ripped Me Off TOTAL Thieves Weatherford, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I used this company and they helped me get my cdl license............

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Everyone should do their research on the company they choose to use........

*Consumer Comment: I am a real customer with an actual experience. My experience; Horrible service, poor customer service & total disappointment.

*Consumer Comment: CDL Rental from one of their customers

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CDL Rental is open 7 days a week

*Consumer Comment: CDL Rental TX. stole form my family too!

*Consumer Comment: This company stole from my family too!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CDL Rental TX - Weatherford, Texas

*Author of original report: CDL Rental in Weatherford TX website

Run from this place quick!

After a little research I thought CDL Rental in Weatherford, TX was the best way to go to get my CDL and boy was I wrong. The first phone call signing up was pleasant & sounded like a good deal.

Then once paid it all went down hill from there. The truck, in all their pictures, stunk of cigarettes. The driver smelled of alcohol, cigarettes & no bath in a week. The truck was outdated & very dirty on the inside. Then of all things the truck wouldnt pass the air brake test. Then the piece of junk broke down & wouldnt start. I waited over two hours before he got the truck running again but it still wouldnt hold air pressure.

I couldnt do my road test and asked for my money back. Then the driver became rude cussing me out. I was told that there were no refunds no matter what! And for me to just chill out!!! WOW! Totally wasnt the experience I was expecting. [continued below]....
..... I left and tried several times calling to get my money back, no luck.

I finally went to Wichita Falls a week later and rented a truck up there from an individual. I cant see how anyone would leave a good reviews on this company. The reviews I read online do no reflect the service I received. After reading all the reviews all I can conclude its CDL Rental in Weatherford, TX making up their own reviews.

All I can say is what comes around goes around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CDL-Rental/Weatherford-Texas-76086/CDL-Rental-in-Weatherford-TX-CDL-Rental-TX-SCAM-BEWARE-Ripped-Me-Off-TOTAL-Thieves-We-994586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CDL Rental

I used this company and they helped me get my cdl license............

AUTHOR: Marty - (USA)

CDL Rental TX, to me was very helpful, knowledgable and professional. I am from the country so I grew up working with and around a lot of mom and pop businesses, so when I read that this company was a Mom and Pop business I couldn't wait to contact them. I knew I was going to get the help I needed, instead of being piled in a truck like cattle expecting to learn off of someone else.

When I first called and spoke to the lady at CDL Rental TX, she gave me the information I needed to start my written tests, they didn't try to give me the run around and get any money out of me for that information. it is all on their website. I called several different times over a few weeks getting information about what all I needed, and they always either answered the phone, or called me back within a short amount of time. I passed all my written tests, with the information they provided me.

It was time to schedule my road test and I called CDL Rental TX, again to find out what I needed to do next. They were always so helpful everytime I spoke with them. I got on their schedule to start getting fimiliar with the road test. The truck was in good condition and the trailer was a short one. I didn't have to pay them anything until the day I met with the instructor for my training, which made me feel good, because I didn't like the ideal of sending my hard earned money to someone I didn't know.

The instructor at CDL Rental TX, gave me a receipt and there was no contract to sign. We started practicing and he worked with me the amount of time that the person on the phone told me I would receive. I didn't feel comfortable after the first time so I got to practice again another day before my driving test and then the day of my test he met me again and let me practice somemore before I went in to the driver license office to test. All the time he spent with me was worth more than what they charge. Believe me I was not an easy train. I passed my driving test the first time I took it and I now have my Class A CDL.

I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this company, they go out of their way to help everyone interested in getting a cdl. I would like to thank them for all the help they gave me. I start my new job with the railroad in a few days and without this companies help with getting my cdl, I would not have this opportunity.

One last thing I have to give credit to my wife for finding CDL Rental TX. I was going to use another company that one of the drivers license examiners recommend from another location and after speaking to that company and reading over their contract I knew I did not want to go there.

I apperciate the assistance that the instructorand everyone at CDL Rental TX, gave me with getting my cdl license, and I highly recommend them to everyone. Contact them, you won't be disappointed.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Everyone should do their research on the company they choose to use........

AUTHOR: CDL Rental TX - ()

People that writes these reports has obviously not done their research. We invite you to do all your research before you use our service.

First of all this oerson only mentions that a male instructor works on or tries to fix the truck, wrong we have a shop that does all repairs on our vehicles should they need repairs. We have two instructors and neither of them are mechanics.

Second anyone can speak to the drivers license office in Weatherford to see just how many times we have had problems with either them or our truck needing repairs. The $100 fee in which this person speaks of is non existant, because the fee we charge for the truck rental and assisting a person for a limited time with passing the cdl test, is all included in one price. We are not a truck driving school, we are only here to provide the truck rental and assisting you with passing your class A cdl test.

If by chance the truck has a problem, and it is a truck, there is not an extra charge for the person to take the test with the driver license office. In Weatherford the individual taking the cdl driving test is the only person that can set the appointment with the drivers license office. We haven't had any problems with our equipment this year because we keep it well maintained, but if by chance something should happen to cause the truck not to pass we will get that person back on our schedule as soon as possible after the repairs are made, usually within 24 hours. However, It is up to the person using our service, and the drivers licnse office, to get the person back on their schedule, not the responsibility of CDL Rental.

There are a lot of companies that offer a similiar service to ours, and some of these companies goes by a similiar name. I can explain all day long about how this person didn't use our service, or this person is mistaken about what company he or she used, but what it boils down to, is do you believe this one individual or would you perfer to read other reviews from real customers that has used our service. One customer that wrote a review on yelp and I believe he also posted it on this site, has posted the service we provide along with his good review, your more than welcome to read these, so you won't be surprised when you get on our schedule and use our service. Everyone is invited to check out the reviews of our satisfied customers,on Yelp, City Search, Superpages, etc. You are welcome to contact our office 7 days a week, your also welcome to contact the driver license office, concerning their scheduling or any other questions you may have.

Thank You.

CDL Rental TX.

AUTHOR: Oilfield Hand - ()

I find the rebuttals to be fabricated by CDL Rentals TX. I am a real customer who tried this service. He's my story:

My advice is...Run fast from this company; horrible service, poor customer service & a total disappointment. This is not a professional service. This is a shady mom & pop fly by night business with a old worn out truck trying to make a buck. You would think with the money they charge thay would buy a newer more up to date truck or haver one that atleast is in good mechanical shape.

When i first called they use a great sales pitch to lure me in. I felt comfortable with what I heard over the phone. However I read a few negative reviews & comments about their service but I also read postive things too. CDL Rentals TX assured me the negative things posted online was not from someone who had actually used their service. They said it was a competitor trying to smear their name & make them look bad. They said they were in business for a long time & independetly owned. They sold me over the phone against my better judgement & now after the fact I realize I was a fool for even buying what they were selling. They were super nice on the phone before the sale. Against my better judgement I hired their service.

I met the day of the road test with the instructor, a nice guy, & we practiced. I was a little concerned with the truck & trailer when I saw it. Definitley was in need of some major repairs & maintenance hiowever I looked past that & said to myself it will be over soon. When it came time for the road test the truck failed the air brake test. It was leaking down too fast & the examiner failed the truck. The instuctor tried to fix it but was unsuccessful. I had to reschedule which the next available date put me a few days past my 90 days to complete. I had to take all of my written tests all over again, that sucked.

I asked for a refund & they denied me. They said I used their truck to practice & they spent time training me. They said we could try it again to do the road test that they would only charge me a $100 to repractice. I felt this was wrong & not my fault to be charged because the truck was not in working order. I decided to go a different route since I felt the truck may fail again putting me even further behind & another $100 lost. I sucked it up and came to realization I had just lost the money I gave them on the rental; money I really did not have to lose since I was unemployed due to a layoff and my wife was expecting our new package of joy any day.

A little over a month later I had a friend help me get a job. I was hired on by an oilfield service company out of San Angelo, TX & luckily the company, my supervisor, gave me his truck to use. I got my CDL license a month & a half later.

After my experience I feel the reviews online were true & accurate about CDL Rentals TX. I could see how CDL Rental TX may try to pass off it being a competitor that left negative review but after my experience with CDL Rentals TX i know the reviews were not left by a competitor and by a real people who had a bad experience such as myself. I can tell after reading a lot of the positive comments that it appears CDL Rentals TX made up the positive comments & reviews in hopes to make themself look great & appealing to cover up the bad. It's amazing how the internet can be manipulated with false information to mislead people into making the wrong decision.

I even checked with the Better Business Bureau & the company CDL Rentals TX does not even exist.

Also they list an address of: S Bowie Dr Weatherford, TX 76086, but their is no actual physical address for their business. I find it strange their is no physical address with a street number to link to this business.

CDL Rental from one of their customers

AUTHOR: Chuck - ()

I highly recommend this company, I had none of the above mention issues with them. My experience is as follows. I took my written tests at the Lubbock dl office but couldn’t find anyone around my area that rented trucks. There are several companies in the DFW area that offer a similar service and after reading hundreds of reviews, I decided to go with CDL Rental Tx. I chose them because they had the least amount of negative reviews out of all the companies in that area. I called them over the weekend and spoke with Brenda and scheduled a time to meet with them the following week. Every time I called them, Brenda called my back within a few hours. She explained that they will allow you to rent the truck to test in Weatherford or in Mineral Wells. To rent the truck for Weatherford would have cost 495 and there is an additional 105 dollar charge if you test in Mineral Wells. However, the Weatherford DPS office is apparently very short staffed at this time and it’s hard to get in with them. At the time I called to schedule, Weatherford was booked solid for at least two weeks and it is nearly impossible to get them on the phone. I chose instead to take my test in Mineral Wells and pay the extra $105 (It was well worth it). Mineral Wells DPS works on a first come, first serve basis. A word of caution however about Mineral Wells DPS, While I was at the office and standing in line waiting to be let in (and yes, there was a line, that’s why you have to be there early to get the first test slot. CDL Rental asked me to get there by 6 am and to call them to let them know I was there and in line), I overheard several people saying that they had been out several times over the past week to try and get a driving test but that the dps examiners had been out for several days and they were not performing road test on those days requiring them to have to make several trips to the dps office. These people were not associated with CDL Rental (one was a kid trying to get his first dl and another was someone from Palo Pinto ISD trying to get a cdl to drive a school bus). Anyway, Brenda explained to me that they normally have people meet with an instructor twice before the road test the two days before you take the test (due to my schedule, I only had a chance to meet once). I met with Doug and he walked me through everything. He had me drive around in Weatherford to get familiar with the truck and had me practice the backing and parallel parking (if you follow exactly what they tell you to do during the backing and parking, you will be fine. The most experience I had with backing was pulling a boat with a pickup truck). Doug provided me with a map of the road course that I would be driving in Mineral Wells the following day and walked me through it. I went and drove it with my personal vehicle to get familiar with it. Honestly, after watching videos on YouTube (filmed by another company), I’d have to say that the road course in Mineral wells was much easier. There was no highway or freeway driving and no bridges. The course goes through a lot of residential areas and some of the main roads in Mineral Wells. As long as you pay attention to your speed limits and don’t hit a curb, you will be fine. Doug also provided training on the air brake test and a sheet of paper of everything that the examiner expects you to say. If you follow that word for word, you will be just fine. The manual says there are a bunch more steps then what they actually test for. After you have made it to the step where you check that the knobs pop out between 40 – 20 psi, the examiner will say that they air brake test is concluded. They do not time to make sure that its building air pressure fast enough or check the governors kicking on and off at 100 and 125. The DPS examiner then asked me to pull against the spring brakes on the trailer and tractor but didn’t count it as part of the air brake test.  I know if you are reading reviews and trying to decide between companies out there in that area, you’ve probably read that other companies require you to sign a long contract that is full of hidden fees or have you practicing the test with a bunch of other people in the truck the morning of the test. CDL Rental Tx provided one on one training the day before the test. They did have me sign a receipt that had one contractual clause on it that reads as follows:

“I the undersigned, acknowledge that I enter the CLD Rental truck at my own risk. I also understand that CLD Rental will not be held responsible for any injury suffered by me while in, or around any vehicle owned and/or operated by CDL Rental and its associates. I the customer, understand that I will not be refunded any of the money I paid to CDL Rental in the event of bad weather, improper paper work on my behalf, a truck breakdown, the truck not passing inspection, or any other reason for failing regardless of fault. Should CDL Rental be at fault, I understand that they will resolve any problems, and I the customer will be rescheduled in a timely manor.”

I know that one of the other reviews here on google said that the truck was out dated and falling apart. I disagree. The truck, all though it does have some age to it, was not falling apart. The truck they use is a 1997 Freightliner FL80 day cab with a 28 foot pup trailer. It has a fully automatic transmission (no clutch at all). It is the truck that is pictured on their website and is in perfect working order. And although I believe that Doug is a smoker, as he did smell of cigarettes, it wasn't as bad as the original poster made it out to be. The truck didn't smell as if it had been smoked in and the instructor didn't smell of alcohol.  There is also another review that says to check with the BBB which I did prior to renting with them and they had no record. Thanks to CDL Rental I now have my class A CDL. I know ever persons experience is going to be different and had something happened to the truck (the park about breaking down or failing inspection) and I would have had to reschedule, my review would probably be a little different but it all worked out for me.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CDL Rental is open 7 days a week

AUTHOR: CDL Rental TX - ()

CDL Rental is an independently owned cdl truck rental company and we are open 7 days a week for the convenience of our customers and their schedules. Our phone number is 817-594-5378 for anyone to contact us. If we are not in the office their is an alternate number in which we can be reached, all you need do is call the office and either leave a message or call the number on the machine. All calls are returned within 24 hours and most calls are returned within 2 to 12 hours. If you reach our answer service after hours your call will be returned the following day.

Anyone interested in getting a CDL License, or just want to find out if your call will be answered or returned please feel free to contact us at the number above. CDL Rental does not except payment for the service we provide until you meet with an instructor. We do ask that you schedule an appointment with us, so that we can insure an instructor and a truck is available at the time you arrive. It is the responsibility of the individual to schedule their appointment with the driver license office. We provide service to two locations an will make every effort to work around your schedule.

Should our equipment ever find need of repair, we have a company that takes care of all of our equipment in a timely manner. Our instructors are there to assist you, and to help you pass the cdl road test. The people that has used our service has taken it upon themselves to write any reviews that has been posted, however our competitors also has access to the same places to reveiw, just as they do on this site. We would appreciate the oppurtunity to set the record straight by assisting you with obtaining your Commercial Driver License.

CDL Rental

CDL Rental TX. stole form my family too!

AUTHOR: Big Ben T. - ()

Beware of this company!!! They made promises they did not keep. I paid them the money for the road test. On my road test date they never showed up. I wasted time off work & was told I had to reschedule 5 weeks later to get my road test. I found a friend that let me use his truck. I got an earlier road test date. I could not wait 5 weeks. My job depended on me getting my license ASAP. I asked for a refund. To date they won't return my calls. The last communication said they do not give refunds. I hope this helps someone in the future make a better choice than I did. These people are a bunch of thieves!!!

This company stole from my family too!

AUTHOR: Big Ben T. - ()

Beware of this company!!! They made promises they did not keep too. I paid them the money for the road test too. On my road test date they never showed up. I wasted time off work & was told I had to reschedule 5 weeks later to get my road test. I found a friend that let me use his truck. I got an earlier road test date. I could not wait 5 weeks. My job depended on me getting my license ASAP. I asked for a refund. To date they won't return my calls. The last communication said they do not give refunds. I hope this helps someone in the future make a better choice than I did. These people are a bunch of thieves!!!

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CDL Rental TX - Weatherford, Texas

AUTHOR: CDL Rental TX - (United States of America)

We at CDL Rental TX. knows how concerning a report like this one can be, so we would like to express to everyone, that the statements that this individual has made is not true. Not only about our service but about our staff, and our equipment.
Similar reviews were written on a couple of other sites and I think if you pull them up, you will find that the words this person uses is almost identical to those.

We have had a positive pass rating with every individual, that has used our vehicle to take their CDL test. Our vehicle is inspected on a daily bases by the TXDPS driver's license examiner when a test is taken, so if the truck broke down we would not have been able to pass their inspection.

I would like to say that the photo this person posted on this report is the actual truck used for testing, and as you can see it is neither dirty, nor out of date. This person did not use our service, and we have not had any unsatisfied customers.
The reviews on which this person speaks of, comes from real people that have used our service and you too, will leave a happy person, when you allow us to assist you in getting your Texas CDL. The only thing that I can conclude from this report, is that the competition must be getting worried about the service we provide.

CDL Rental TX.

CDL Rental in Weatherford TX website

AUTHOR: Big Deer Hunter - (United States of America)

Here is CDL Rental in Weatherford TX website