Complaint Review: CDR Group

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By:Shreveport Louisiana
CDR Group
One East Camelback Road, Sute 770 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

CDR Group Bait & Switch False Advertising, Ripoffs Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Here's another one...

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: FALSE ALLEGATIONS AND LIES:

So I am searching the internet on careerbuilder, and I see an ad for VP marketing. It's run by a company called CDR Research. I am a marketing executive and I am looking for a six-figure job in Arizona.

I get called by a fellow named Brian Randall from a company called CDR Group Inc. The website is http://www.cdrcompanies.com. I found out later its owned by is wife, Ann Randall.

We had a nice conversation about my backgound for 45 minutes. I felt there was some genuine interest in my background. He asked me to go online and email a copy of my resume in word at this address: cdrphoenix@qwest.net.

He then says he will talk to some of his clients to see if there may be a fit, and asks if I can come in for a visit. I set up a meeting with him and visit him in his offices.

When I visited, he made a nice impression, but then I was shocked when he started to sell me an advance fee career counseling service. I said STOP NOW!!!

Years ago, I used to live in Houston and I bought a service from some local company. Needless to say they scammed me. I paid them thousands of dollars for basically nothing. It was pure bait ans switch.

I could not get my money back, but some reporter in Houston wrote an article that I think put them out of business. Here's the link: http://www.houstonpress.com/2005-08-25/news.fool-s-gold/

CDR Group does the same thing they do. Say thanks but no thanks. Stay away from this firm. The phone number they use is 602-264-7717. The fax is 602-264-3358. Do not respond to a request for an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard
Shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CDR-Group/Phoenix-Arizona-85012-1674/CDR-Group-Bait-Switch-False-Advertising-Ripoffs-Phoenix-Arizona-344211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CDR Group

Here's another one...

AUTHOR: Rich - (U.S.A.)

Govig and Associates......

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: B. Randall, Ceo - (U.S.A.)

I must rebut this posting by Richard in Shreveport as it is rather nonsensical and the facts are so far off that it would appear that this person has never spoke with or visited CDR offices. The fact is, we feel this was written by a company who cannot compete fairly and above board with CDR. CDR is not a career counseling service as the writer claims but an employment service that provides its clients with prospective employers. This is accomplished through extensive research using parameters set with each client.

Since Richard says he did not become a client and experience the services we offer, he is not qualified to judge or make claims regarding CDR. I also wonder what his statement regarding our ownership has to do with anything at all.

If there really was a Richard, which we find doubtful, he elected not to retain our services; CDR does NOT pressure any prospective clients. CDR makes every effort to see that our clients are fully informed of every contract clause.

Just because an unscrupulous company scammed Richard, in the past, it is quite narrow-minded and grossly unfair to tar every company with the same brush. CDR is proud of its reputation and the services we provide to our clients.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds