Complaint Review: CDW - Computer Discount Warehouse

• Submitted: Wed, February 12, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, February 12, 2003

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
CDW - Computer Discount Warehouse
200 N. Milwaukee Vernon Hills, Illinois U.S.A.

CDW Computer Discount Warehouse Compaq rip-off Vernon Hills Illinois

CDW - COMPUTER DISCOUNT WAREHOUSE CDW / COMPAQ refuses to resolve problem!!! VERNON HILLS Illinois .....

Re: Compaq Presario 5070 situation

In October, 2002 I brought my computer in for a defective floppy drive and also an additional larger hard drive to be installed. I was assured there would be no problems associated with the new equipment and/or specifications.

Unfortunately, your service department has not performed well because now the computer cannot be Quick Restored without problems (does not accurately recognize drive/s size/s) and the partitions seem to be wrong. I am disappointed because I was told everything would be appropriate and now am told my computer also had the partition situation when sold to me. If this were the case I never would have purchased that particular product.

Full details (for your perusal) are documented with your technical repair department and after numerous contacts with them I was last told to take this up with your legal department. I feel there were at least 2 incidences of misrepresentation/fraud here and must be resolved immediately.

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate you refund in full all of my purchases (the computer itself and all added equipment/repairs since original purchase) as this computer was sold under misrepresented facts and then many mistruths after I found out about the partitioning a situation I would have avoided if your salesperson were knowledgeable and honest at the time of purchase.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem, and will wait until 5 business days form the date of this letter/fax before seeking help from all of the resources mentioned on the enclosed sheet. Please contact me at the above address or by phone before then for any further information if needed.

chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2003 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CDW-Computer-Discount-Warehouse/Vernon-Hills-Illinois-60061/CDW-Computer-Discount-Warehouse-Compaq-rip-off-Vernon-Hills-Illinois-45225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CDW - Computer Discount Warehouse