Complaint Review: CDWS

• Submitted: Wed, December 29, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, December 29, 2010

• Reported By: Dwaine — San Jose California United States of America
CDWS
PO Box 492727 Redding California 96049-2727 Redding, California United States of America

CDWS American Automotive Service I originally purchased the Consumer Direct Warranty Service policy fourteen months ago, response to my claim has been mute. Consumer Direct Warranty Service policy is worthless. My case will fall on Redding, California

*Author of original report: Consumer Direct Warranty Services response to my claim has been not only insensitive, but mute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CDWS/Redding-California-96049-2727/CDWS-American-Automotive-Service-I-originally-purchased-the-Consumer-Direct-Warranty-Serv-676363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CDWS

AUTHOR: dmjugoz - (United States of America)

Fifteen months ago I purchased a Vehicle Warranty Policy from American Automotive Services for $3000.00 On December 11, 2010 my vehicle on this policy broke down as I entered on to a freeway entrance. As I accelerated, the car revved high, but the car was going nowhere, fast. I immediately had my vehicle towed to a Qualified Repair Facility in San Jose, California. Nine days later Consumer Direct Warranty Service had no claim filed on my car. After speaking to the Qualified Repair Facility (Dealer Service Department) I learned that the Qualified Repair Facility had submitted several computer forms & faxes during a nine-day period. However, Consumer Direct Warranty Service vehemently insisted that the repair facility had not provided all necessary information to file a complete claim for my vehicle. Online claims are difficult to process and the lack of person-to-person communication is nil. My car was not serviced even after 2 weeks of sitting at the Qualified Repair Facility. Processing the claim fell on deaf ears with short unspecific e-mails and faxes regarding particulars of my claim were not being communicated appropriately or in a timely manner. I did not pay $$$ to get in the middle of a business I know nothing about. I purchased this policy in which I expect coverage to be enforced when my claim is legitimate. Consumer Direct Warranty Services response to my claim has been not only insensitive, but mute. After faxing thirty five pages of maintenance records indicating regular oil changes, inspections and repairs during 2009 and 2010. On December 28,2010 I was told by the Repair Facility that CDWS had closed my claim due to owner negligence. My wife discovered the blog on Rip-off that indicated a consistent pattern of customer complaints who found Consumer Direct Warranty Service policies are worthless. My claim was not handled in a timely manner. I have spoken to no representative at Consumer Direct Warranty Service Customer Service who could answer any legitimate concerns or questions I might have had. The online claim form does not confirm nor track a legitimate claim process appropriately. Even the Customer Name on my claim was not my name nor who I am, though my Claim Number and Agreement Number matchEtc. I have begun stop payment procedures to my account for ongoing premium payments. I have requested the assistance of the Representative Broker: American Automotive Service to obtain a complete refund for funds paid to keep this warranty in force since October 2009. Consumer Direct Warranty Service (Heads: "I win"...Tails: "You lose"...) business model is suspect...at best.