Complaint Review: CED - Credit Education Group

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2003

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
CED - Credit Education Group
6929 JKF Boulevard 20-294 North Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

CED - Credit Education Group Robert Donovan rip-off - They almost got me. North Little Rock Arkansas

On May 15, 2003 I received a phone call on my cell phone from a Robert Donovan, representing CEG-Credit Education Group. I was offered a major credit card with a credit limit of $2500 for a one time activation fee of $298.00. He stated that this card would repair my credit, that it would bring my credit rating to an A-1 status.

I was apprehensive about this offer when he asked for checking account number to get the one time fee and that I could cash advance the credit card upon receipt to replace the money taken from my checking account. Still, I was apprehensive, so I asked Mr. Donovan to give me a call back the next day.

Sure enough he did. Still I was apprehensive. I asked him several questions, and even revealed to him that my apprehension was the result of some friends that had been scammed in similar fashion. He then told me that the only organization that he new of that was scamming people was Global Financial. Upon entering this site, I find the CEG and Global Financial may be one in the same.

At any rate, I asked Mr. Donovan to give me another call on the following day. I asked my friend that knew had been scammed the name of the company that scammed her. She could not remember it, but she gave me this web site address. Guess what I found? Many people that had been scammed the same way that I almost was. I found reports with same exact questions that were given given to me, even Mr. Donovan's name appeared on another report from another consumer.

I am so thankful that I followed my gut. I am also so sorry for the people that was not as fortunate as I was. People, please pay close attention when people are calling you with sales pitches, you never know what you may be getting into, or out of.

Felicia
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2003 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CED-Credit-Education-Group/North-Little-Rock-Arkansas/CED-Credit-Education-Group-Robert-Donovan-rip-off-They-almost-got-me-North-Little-Roc-57197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CED - Credit Education Group