Complaint Review: CED Development

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: Aaron — Three Rivers Michigan
CED Development
823 Craft st Kalamazoo, Michigan USA

CED Development Anthony Pinzine, Tony Pinzine SCAM ARTISTS!!! Kalamazoo Michigan

*Author of original report: More information found

Scam artists!!! I hired CED Devolpment in November of 2013 for a simple 3-4 day fence project that still isn't finished. This was a horrible experience that consisted from excuses galore, to credit card fraud. I do not recomend the use of there services. Period!!!

I don't really know where to begin, so here goes. When Tony Pinzine, owner of CED Development arrived at my house he assured me that he would get the job done in a timely manner and that he knew what he was doing because he'd been doing it for many years. I believed him until I saw the first few posts set. They were so far from being straight that I made him pull them out after they had already been set in concrete. Then came the part where he said that I didn't need a building permit, because my town doesn't have a building inspector and the county wouldn't find out. Well, they did after I fired him. [continued below]....

....... Shocker.

Now the fun begins.  Even though it was November and I'm in Michigan, There was ample time to finish this project. I mean the gound wasn't even frozen yet. But after I paid a partial amount of the contracted amount, he became invisible. Always giving me excuses for not coming out and working. " Our truck broke down", "There's to much snow", mind you I have pictures and text messages stating and showing that I spent time shoveling The 3" of snow around the 200ft perimeter and he still never showed up. "We drank to much last night", "It's to cold out my compressor will explode". It's ironic that he had hand nails sitting outside next to my deck. Not to metion I started to finish the fence with my 65 year old father when it was 10 degrees outside in mid December and I had no problem at all. I also own a business where I use a compressor outside all year long, and have never had a problem except for my air tools freezing up once in a while.

I also have pictures of his horrible workmanship. from crooked posts, to 11+ foot spans between posts, which anyone that knows anything about building knows that a span that great in any fence will eventually start to sag. Not to metion he left mounds of dirt all over the place, it was a mess. After I fired him I found out that the partial payment that he insisted he needed for materials was used to rent a van(for personal use), and pay of most of his debt to the rental company. He told me that this was the only way he could accept a credit card because he didn't have a merchant. This probably explains why he kept giving me the run around, he didn't have any money to finish the fence. I have documentation of the rental too.

Do not hire CED Development!!!! Youv'e been warned!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CED-Development/Kalamazoo-Michigan-49048/CED-Development-Anthony-Pinzine-Tony-Pinzine-SCAM-ARTISTS-Kalamazoo-Michigan-1125356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CED Development

More information found

AUTHOR: Aaronk - ()

I've just discovered that Tony Pinzine has been doing this for a while. If you look up his name you'll find other reports from his hometown Chicago.  Along with more rip off reports you'll find that he's changed his business name a few times. I've also learned that he's not even a licensed contractor. More reasons to do your research and go with the bigger well known contractors.