Complaint Review: CEG CREDIT EDUCATION GROUP

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2003

• Reported By:85027 Arizona
CEG CREDIT EDUCATION GROUP
10624 S. EASTERN AVE STE-A435 HENDERSON, Nevada U.S.A.

CEG CREDIT EDUCATION GROUP ripoff SNEAKY LIARS fraudulent business from hell I called this 1866 number it's a recorded message machine. Then I knew for certain it's a scam! HENDERSON Nevada

I was not taken by this scam, but heres my story.
A local News Investigation show did a piece on a local family in Phoenix and how they were ripped off by this company. The reporter tried and tried to help this new family get there $299.00 back. Well he traveled and spoke with thier bank and tried to get resoultion for them. The reporter called the 1866 number and all he could get was a recording. Well with in 48hrs the new family was returned all monies from the bank. So now the bank is taking up the issue with CEG!

Today 6/12/03 i received a phone call from this CEG and the gal on the phone was new to america and she told me that they received my credit report from the Credit Bureau. Also that they have been watching my credit for 12 months.

The gal told me that my credit rating was not high and that i needed to establish more credit. They have APPROVED me for an unsecured loan for $2500.00. I asked her how she got my phone number. She said from the Credit Bureau. I said that's funny because I just changed it and no one had this number before.

She then replied to now lets get on with this process. I said to her Equa fax and Experian and trans union gave you my credit report? She said yes they get credit reports all the time. She proceeded to ask me if I earn $1000.00 a month I told her I am laid-off and have no income. She still wanted to give me this credit card.

I informed her that I have a 740 credit score and their info was wrong! I pull credit bureau's often. I asked for them to remove me from the calling list and never again pull my credit info. I got this bogus 1866 number and wrote it down. I was in the process telling her that this is a rip off and she disconnected.

So then I called this 1866 number it's a recorded message machine. Then I knew for certain it's a scam! I tried to contact the BBB in nevada and they dont have a current web site. I am changing my acct numbers and my home phone number.
Good Luck To All

Kellie
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2003 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CEG-CREDIT-EDUCATION-GROUP/HENDERSON-Nevada-89052/CEG-CREDIT-EDUCATION-GROUP-ripoff-SNEAKY-LIARS-fraudulent-business-from-hell-I-called-thi-60514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CEG CREDIT EDUCATION GROUP