Complaint Review: CELLULAR ONE

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2007

• Reported By:DUBLIN Texas

I am very disgusted with Cellular One and hope to warn others away from using their service.

I signed up with a two year contract in Aug 2005. This contract ended up costing me close to 50.00 a month for a phone that doesn't even provide reliable service in my home in Dublin TX.

Only yesterday, I attempted to phone family and friends to tell them I was about to end service with this cell phone company and give them my new home phone number. I was forced to walk out into my front yard to get a minimal signal, as I was given a "no service" message when I tried to call from my living room.

I can never be sure when or where I will be charged for roaming and have found my phone to show "extended service area" as close by as 10 miles away from my home and less than a mile from the agency in Stephenville TX where I purchased this horrible plan.

The service is no better for incoming calls. I have been told by prople who have attempted to call me over the last two years they have been given a message that I had traveled out of range or had my phone turned off, when I was actually at home and with my phone on and supposedly functional at that moment.

The cheesy phone they threw in for a small fee has to be dialed with a paper clip or a pencil, because two of my numbers have fallen off, and it can't hold a charge for more than a 10 minutes of use or 24 hours of not being used.

I was elated to be getting rid of this so called service, and called last week on the 17th to have them discontinue service. The person I spoke to told me I was no longer under contract and was now on a month to month basis, and could discontinue service at any time. I told her I would call back Monday, since I did need to have some sort of phone until my home phone was installed then. She made no mention of that being a problem, and even stressed that it could be turned off at a moment's notice, and I would only be responsible for what time since the 10th of the month had lapsed.

I called Cellular One Tuesday morning and the man I spoke to informed me that my two year contract, which expired 10 days ago, was still binding for a 30 day notice to Cellular One to discontinue service. There was no mention made of this Friday, or I would have certainly started the ball rolling to discontinue this lousy service.

I now am liable for another month of service to a company that essentially provides next to nothing, beyond inept employees and unreliable service. To give them nothing, which is what they've earned will damage my credit, so they've pretty much stuck it to me for one last time.

In closing I hope this posting at least alerts someone else to be careful when dealing with Cellular One. They're deceptive and you get VERY LITTLE for your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CELLULAR-ONE/OKLAHOMA-CITY-Oklahoma-73126-8955/CELLULAR-ONE-DECEPTIVE-PRACTICES-LOUSY-SERVICE-OKLAHOMA-CITY-Oklahoma-269129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CELLULAR ONE