Complaint Review: CELLZUM

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: lburgmom — leesburg Virginia United States of America

CELLZUM THE PHONE REP WOULD NOT DISCLOSE They sent a text message confirming my renewal subscription on 9/17/12 for $9.99 unless I send them a reply text back "stop" which I did. I then called the phone number 888-985-7600 they said to call UNDISCLOSED, Internet

This may be a new type of "slamming". I was sent a text and told my subscription would renew in a few days incurring a 9.99 charge unless I replied with "stop" .  I did so and then called the CS phone number to find out what this was. A Mr. Rob Smith told me it was a promotional text but that I had incurred a charge of $9.99 for sending a text while using wifi. He said the charge would be billed to my phone bill automatically.

I never aproved or confirmed knowingly any charges or services with CELL ZUM and  I told him that I have unlimited text and data with my service carrier so this was not something I would have needed or signed up for. He said he needed my name and address other information to process a refund. I did not give him any further information. When I asked for the company phone and address he said they were central US located but he could not disclose an address and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said someone would call me. I will be contacting my provider to contest any charges that may have been applied to my bill. Watching every charge on every bill has become a routine part of life these days.

I saw other reports about this same company so it must be happening to a lot of people... thankgoodness for sites to learn about and report and look up this kind of scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CELLZUM/internet/CELLZUM-THE-PHONE-REP-WOULD-NOT-DISCLOSE-They-sent-a-text-message-confirming-my-renewal-s-941567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CELLZUM