Complaint Review: CENTRE FOR THE DENTAL ARTS

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2014

• Reported By: Humarani — fort lauderdale Florida
CENTRE FOR THE DENTAL ARTS
648 NE 3RD AVENUE FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida USA

CENTRE FOR THE DENTAL ARTS DR. MICHEAL BLUM JESSICA/ MEDICAL BILLING SHADY DENTIST! CHARGING CO PAYS FOR COVERED SERVICES. FORCES CHARGES ONTO CREDIT CARD FOR SERVICES THAT WERE NEVER PROVIDED! FORT LAUDERDALE Florida

*Author of original report: Unbelievable!!

I went to this dentist on Monday July 7th 2014 because they are an in network provider through my insurance. My first visit there.. I had a pretty shotty cleaning done for both myself and my fiance. The dentist advised that my fiance had to have an implant for a missing molar as well as two crowns to deal with his TMJ?? They rushed me into signing a bunch of papers and talked over me when I tried to ask questions. His medical cordinater Jessica advised that once treatment was rendered there would be no refunds. They cornered me into scheduling an appointment for the coming Thursday July 10th, 2014.

As soon as I left, I started getting a sick feeling in my stomach. I called the very next morning to cancel the apointment for three days in advance. Every time I called they said I could only cancel after talking to Jessica who was unavailable until 1pm. I kept calling to cancel and they kept telling me that they would give her the message but she never called me back. I finally caught her answering the phone when I called the six or seventh time. She was very aggressive right from the start. She advised me that I would still be responsible for payment even if they dont do the procedure! She said she would not know the amount until end of business..( Im guessing so that they can concoct their paperwork and drum up some crazy numbers) when I called at the end of business she started arguing with me and said that they would still charge me and she still didnt know how much.. I woke up this morning to a $5650- charge on my credit card!!! I never had the procedure done!! I also confirmed with my insurance that I should not have had to pay a co payment that was charged to my debit card!!! But JESSICA is unavailable to discuss it with insurance company!!

They are a unclean, crooked, theiving, unprofessional office! I advise everyone to do their research BEFORE going there. They have numerous horror stories of victims that had the same thing happen to them there. They keep your credit card on file and keep charging you for things you never had done!

The Doctor also asked us if we wanted a DOUBLE prescription for narcotics!!! He wrote a narcotics prescription for both myself and my fiance for a procedure he wanted to do on my fiance and handed it to us!!!

I had to cancel my debit and my credit cards. I have filed disputes with my bank, my credit card and my insurance against Dr. Blums charges. I am also filing a complaint with the Medical board/ Dental association. I will also be writing a letter to my senator and governor.

I want to do what I can to help other people not fall prey to this scam artist.

When you trust a medical practioner with your business and health you never expect for them to commit fraud, amoung all these numerous other violations of law and ethics!!

People like this should not be allowed to be in a postion to prey on people that are looking fopr medical care!!!

HELP ME HOWARD!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2014 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CENTRE-FOR-THE-DENTAL-ARTS/FORT-LAUDERDALE-Florida-33304/CENTRE-FOR-THE-DENTAL-ARTS-DR-MICHEAL-BLUM-JESSICA-MEDICAL-BILLING-SHADY-DENTIST-CHARG-1160743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CENTRE FOR THE DENTAL ARTS

Unbelievable!!

AUTHOR: Humarani - ()

just a quick update.. Jessica now had another day to think about how they will explain all of their fraudulent activity since Monday. I called my insurance company twice again today to have them call the dentist office again and get this Jessica character on the line to explain their unwarranted co payment. We finally got her on the line!  It was a lot more of the same aggressive rhetoric as before.. Now she is saying that they performed a full mouth debirment on me!! Where on this planet do you accomplish a full mouth dibrement I'm 15 minutes??? And where do you perform debriment where you pick and choose which tooth to scrape and not scrape and clean between every tooth???? I had a regular cleaning and was informed that I did not need a debriment because they only noted minimal tarter and plaque. This is sooooo crazy! then she said that they saw me as a courtousy and I was not assigned patient! The Humana rep corrected her and asked why she was saying that because it even showed in his system that I registered with them back in May when I made the initial appointment?? She said you'll have to talk to the receptionist... She had no idea when she got caught in that lie!! She didn't realize that they would put me on the call and that I am full aware what a dibriment is... It cannot be done in 15 minutes... They did a regular cleaning and charged the insurance for a full dibriment.. And then charged me a co payment! When the insurance rep started calling her out on her lies she hung up on us... Lol

Its unbelievable but it is really happening!! This office is nuts!! How did they get their license??? Why are they allowed to practice?? These kinds of people so not deserve to work at McDonnell!!! Ridiculous!!