Complaint Review: CENTURA COLLEGE VA BEACH

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: boutbiz — virginia beach Virginia United States of America
CENTURA COLLEGE VA BEACH
2697 dean drive Virginia beach, Virginia United States of America

CENTURA COLLEGE VA BEACH CENTURA COLLEGE THE SCAM IN THE BEACH Virginia beach, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: I agree with you both

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex-student

*UPDATE Employee: Contact us

I was an Computer Instructor for Centura College in VA Bch for 2 years. During my stay I received awards and commendations for my work with students and enhancing the curriculum. This school is truly a scam. They are getting students to get loans for school/college, but they are not teaching the students. Instructors are encouraged to pass students so that students can continue to receive financial aid. Once the program is completed students generally are over 30,000 dollars in debt and which most students will not be qualified to obtain a computer job once they graduate. In June of 2012 I resigned from my position after being threatened by students.  Students were attempting to get a lawsuit going against the school because they felt they were being scammed. Students were upset with me because they felt I was the only one helping them and felt betrayed that I would continue to allow the school to scam them. Which I had no control over! Students are paying for a complete course and are being told they only have to complete half and they will pass. Instructors are telling them they dont even have to come in and they will still pass.  I know this because students have now come to me again and are asking for my help. They feel they cant leave now because they invested so much into the school. All of this has been approved by Beth Hall. She is the one who wants to keep her numbers straight so they will not lose their accreditation. I personally saw Beth Hall and my boss fudge information right before an accreditation. Back in June when I brought this to the attention to Beth Hall, days later she fired my boss, but I still have witnesses from students and instructors about how big this scam is. This has also been brought to the attention of the military, because half of all student s are military. Please read and review. All facts are true. Students are standing in line to be heard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CENTURA-COLLEGE-VA-BEACH/Virginia-beach-Virginia-23454/CENTURA-COLLEGE-VA-BEACH-CENTURA-COLLEGE-THE-SCAM-IN-THE-BEACH-Virginia-beach-Virginia-974236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CENTURA COLLEGE VA BEACH

I agree with you both

AUTHOR: angry soon to be graduate - ()

I totally agree with both of you regarding this "college".  I am an angry current student.  I have not been able to obtain a job because they don't teach you anything in this place.  They talk a good game when you tour and make all kinds of promises but once you sign you are stuck and will regret it!  They advertise you will be prepared for certifications, which are definitely needed in the IT field, and you are no where close to being prepared to take any of these tests.  I agree it is all a money scam because once you sign up with them you can't transfer anything anywhere else and you lose your funding and will have to start over.  It's really sad because you will accumulate a bill for approximately $20,000 to $30,000 when you finish, walk out of there with a degree but no knowledge to obtain a job.  So in essence, you're right back to where you were before attending this place.

Everything stated in the previous reports are true!  Unfortunately there are a few good people there but that is not why we are paying to attend.  Hopefully I will be able to get an entry level position based on my previous work history and military experience, because I'm not at all confident with the knowledge (or lack of) I received here.  I only hope someone does something to rectify this because it is truly not fair.  I am done this month and am not looking back!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex-student

AUTHOR: Angry Ex-Student -Centura College Online - ()

This is one scandelous place and I need help.  I'm looking to start a class lawsuit against this crooks.  I attended in 2007-2011 and these people wouldn't let me withdrawl.  I did everything possible and they kept enrolling me in classes that I didn't attend and sent me several sets of books for each class.  I had 4 classes that they kept sending the same books for 3 times lying like it's different but it wasn't.  The abused my financial aid and loans until they scandelously max them out even after I stop answering calls and communicating with them.

Half of the classes I didn't take because I didn't have internet and some of my work was fraudulent graded by coordinators instead of the instructors and some instructors didn't teach anything.  So much more went on but I was taken advantge of when I was sick and was out for surgery.  This isn't a school this place is a ripe-off to get students in debt with the government for their financial gain.  If there is any students and ex-employees interested in starting a class suit please, I can be reached at (((email redacted))).

Contact us

AUTHOR: kdog_ric - (United States of America)

Sounds like what we have experienced. Contact me: kwcauthornejr@juno.com