Complaint Review: CENTURY LINK

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: gina — glendale Arizona United States of America
GLENDALE, Arizona United States of America

I switched from my 3G Internet  Broadband pay as you go with Virgin Mobile to Century Link as to have the Faster Speed, Better Connection, etc...etc... that Century Link promises ONLY to be Major Dissappointed.  For Starters, They are TOTAL Scammers. I chose the option to hook up myself instead of paying to have them come out and Isnstall for me, Well it was not showing that any of my Phone Jacks through my Condo were working so the Modem could not connect. I then had to call Century Link to come out and find out why. He came out and spent a Good 30+ minutes here Testing Everything with his Handy Tester and said that it Infact read that I was getting Internet but that there was a problem with the Wiring in my walls and/or  under the ground and that THEY would have to come back and fix it, BUT there would be a Charge of $100 to do this PLUS a Additional $100 for each room  ( No other choices were there).   Well after the Century Link/Quest Repair Man left I had a Friend go outside to check the wiring himself and BAM! 3 minutes later he came inside and What do you know? I had my Internet and ALL was fine.  All it was was 2 little wires disconnected. He connected them and it worked.  SOOOooo Basically Century Link is going around probably disconnecting the wires themselves then turning around telling customers the same thing they told me" THAT ITS A PROBLEM WITH THE WIRING AND THE ONLY THING I COULD DO TO FIX IT IS PAY THEM $100++++ TO COME DO IT.  When all it is really was is 1 little wire and they knew it all along.  Ranking In Millions of Dollars off Millions of Customers by Scamming us into believing there Lyes.  Something NEEDS to be done about this fast.  AND ALL the promises about how good and fast there service and internet connection is, Well LYES TOO!!! I HATE IT ALL .  It Stinks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CENTURY-LINK/GLENDALE-Arizona-/CENTURY-LINK-PLEASE-READ-before-getting-service-w-Century-Link-LYING-TO-PEOPLE-ABOUT-I-995857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CENTURY LINK