Complaint Review: CENTURYLINK TELEPHONE-INTERNET

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: D.J. — Elko Nevada USA
CENTURYLINK TELEPHONE-INTERNET
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

CENTURYLINK TELEPHONE-INTERNET Customer Service?? We don't need no customer service!! Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: NO and NO!!

*Consumer Comment: Billing Issue

CenturyLink took over Qwest.  I have had a Qwest telephone account for multiple, multiple years!! I decided to try their internet and see if they were good to work with.  I went through my email provider who signed me up for the $19.95 special + rental equipment for $5.  My phone bill had been around $40.  The first bill I got was $135+ !!  I signed up in December 2011 and received the bill in January 2012.  I immediately contacted a "customer service rep". Her name was Marianne and she was great to work with.  She provided me with a confirmation number of C11791716 after she signed me up for the bundle account since I had their telephone. It included a lot of extras, including free long distance.  I asked her what I should make my check out for since she had taken care of everything.  She told me to write it for $105.28. I immediately wrote the check and mailed it in to CenturyLink. However, THEY continued to bill me the extra charges which were above and beyond taxes, service fees, etc.  I continued to pay them the appropriate monthly charge, which I was told was $72.98, guaranteed for 5 years. $19.95 for internet, $5 for equipment, $45 for telephone.  But CL kept charging me for the amount they claimed I owed. Today I called CenturyLink and got some guy who spoke broken English. He was rude and obnoxious and I asked him if there was anyone there who knew anything about CUSTOMER SERVICE. He didn't. So, I cancelled my telephone and my internet.  I am tired of dealing with companies that have no kind of responsibility to anyone but themselves.  I "owed" them under $40.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2012 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CENTURYLINK-TELEPHONE-INTERNET/Phoenix-Arizona-85038/CENTURYLINK-TELEPHONE-INTERNET-Customer-Service-We-dont-need-no-customer-service-Pho-870600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CENTURYLINK TELEPHONE-INTERNET

NO and NO!!

AUTHOR: D.J. - (USA)

I have been through all those "suggestions" with the FIRST representative who gave me a confirmation number and with the second "representative" who was a TOTALIDIOT.  It is OBVIOUS Centurylink spends more time and money AND EFFORT trying to make their customers look like ignorant criminals and trying to TOTALLY RIP THEM OFF than being involved with any kind of SERVICE.  I laugh out loud now when I read your little slogans:  "Thanks for being a loyal customer"  "Bundle and Save with Centurylink" We'd like to help you get the services that fit your budget"  "We just want to remind you that with your Centurylink Price-Lock Guarantee, you're getting 1 low price for 5 years on High Speed Internet. GUARANTEED.  That's an offer cable can't beat"  "Just let us know if you have any questions about your service" (..we need a good laugh for the day)."Need Anything? Service 18002441111"     CUTE.  Too bad they mean absolutely NOTHING to the company and its little trolls who monitor the internet trying to run interference for CenturyLink.  Nice try.   Centurylink's site on FACEBOOK tells it all.

Billing Issue

AUTHOR: The Truth Hurts - (United States of America)

Without seeing your bill, impossible for me to guess and be 100% accurate, but some thoughts.

I am certain your first bill was very high due to prorated charges, you were probably billed for a month plus, which is 100% standard in the telecom industry as you are billed a month in advance.  As far as your bill being $100 afterwards, it appears your pretax amount was $73 or so, there are a lot of taxes on phone services, which particularly depend on where you live, could that be the difference?

Hope this is helpful somehow..