Complaint Review: CENTURYLINK

• Submitted: Fri, February 25, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, February 25, 2011

• Reported By: Vanessa — Norfolk Virginia U.S.A.
CENTURYLINK
100 CENTURYLINK DRIVE MONROE, Louisiana United States of America

CENTURYLINK CENTURYTEL/EMBARQ UNPROFESSIONAL RIPOFF MONROE, Louisiana

When CenturyLink became the telephone provider they created an additional account number for my line. I pay my bill online as always and when I log on my bill has not been more than $20. They're telling me that I have a balance of $135.xx and that they are lenient with their billing that's why the phone wasn't disconnected until my grandmother notified me she wasn't able to dial out and I made a service request. They state that a paper bill was being mailed to my home which was an old address. I take responsibility for not updating my billing/mailing address but figured it wasn't significant since I control/access my account from the internet. Now my grandmother is without phone service and they refuse to restore it until they get the $135.xx paid in full. This is unfair. Where were my payments going?

The Rep questioned me as to why I didn't see it to weird to have a zero balance or such a low balance. Once the companies merged I removed the voicemail and long distance amenities because my grandmother never utilizes them.  They stated that calls was made to the number on 28/8/11 and 2/18/11 regarding the bill and a message was left with a person and I feel this is a false statement as my grandmother always notifies me when such messages are left or calls are received. I feel this is unethical and unprofessional because the error originated with their transition of companies.  I was told I was supposed to set up my account with the new number. How was I to know that? I log-in with the same user name and password and my account pulls up. It's not my fault that the bills weren't current. I shouldn't be held accountable so egregiously for something I was unaware of. My grandmother is 67 years old and in bad health; therefore, she needs a landline in her home. I just want service restored and the ability to pay my bill in 2 payments beginning on 3/16/11 and ending 4/1/11. I need someone to look into this situation. I feel they are trying to manipulate me and get over without taking any responsibility for what has occurred.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2011 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CENTURYLINK/MONROE-Louisiana-71201/CENTURYLINK-CENTURYTELEMBARQ-UNPROFESSIONAL-RIPOFF-MONROE-Louisiana-699783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CENTURYLINK