Complaint Review: CENTURYLINK

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: D.J. — Glenwood Springs Colorado USA
CENTURYLINK
UNKNOWN Internet United States of America

CENTURYLINK Associated with DirectTV. QWEST, WHERE ARE YOU???! CENTURYLINK IS A FRAUD. , Internet

In December 2011, I contacted Centurylink about their 5 year bundle program. Since I already had Qwest which they succeeded in taking over, I wanted to find out if I qualified for the special program.  I was told I did.  I signed up. However, my first statement showed a HUGE balance due instead of the price I was expecting to pay.  I contacted a "customer representative" who ended up being out of Salt Lake City. I told her I thought Centurylink had properly signed me up for the bundle, but they were obviously over-charging me.  She said she didn't show anything concerning the "bundle" for my account but she should correct the mistake.  She then told me the bundle price would be effective as of January 14, 2012.  We discussed the fact I would have free long distance and I would be paying $45/month for the landline, $5/month to rent the internet equipment, and I would receive 5 mg on the internet for $19.95/mo. for a GRAND TOTAL of $72.98/month plus taxes, etc.  No contract.  She gave me a confirmation number of C11791716 and said her name was Marianne.  I then asked her how much I should write my check for since I had been over-charged.  She told me I owed $105.28 (since I had been out of town for Christmas and had not contacted them immediately - since I was unaware they were going to charge me inaccurately).  I sent the check in the next day (January January 15, 2012.  HOWEVER, after all that, Centurylink CONTINUED TO CHARGE ME THE OVERAGE AMOUNT AS DUE.  I let it ride a couple of months and they continued to show I still owed them an extra $30 and they were charging me interest on the "late fees".

April 18, 2012, I again called the Centurylink "customer service".  This time I got a "DUMB ASS" GUY who only laughed at me for arguing with him over $30.  He was RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, OVERBEARING, HATEFUL, and should never be in any kind of position where he has contact with human beings or any other living creature.  HE REFUSED TO ALLOW ME TO TALK TO HIS MANAGER.  He continued to be A TOTAL JERK.  I finally hung up on him.  I rarely, rarely ever hang up on anyone.  That is how RUDE and OBNOXIOUS this guy way.  I had asked him WHY the representative I had talked with previously told me everything was taken care of and gave me the confirmation number, which HE REFUSED TO EVEN TAKE DOWN.  I was stunned that such A TOTALIDIOT would be allowed to work with customers in any manner.  Then, I went to Facebook.  All I saw were complaints similar to mine.  NO ONE SEEMS TO BE PLEASED WITH CENTURYLINK.  I do think the FCC might like the know about this company.  They are determined to make my CREDIT REPORT LOOK BAD.  They WILL NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO WORK WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS.  Totally ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CENTURYLINK/internet/CENTURYLINK-Associated-with-DirectTV-QWEST-WHERE-ARE-YOU-CENTURYLINK-IS-A-FRAUD-I-913033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CENTURYLINK