Complaint Review: C&F FINANCE COMPANY

• Submitted: Sun, February 18, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 18, 2007

• Reported By:yorktown Virginia

C&F FINANCE COMPANY preditorial auto lender ripoff RICHMOND Virginia

C&F FINANCE COMPANY ; Preditorial Auto loans :Richmond Va.
Also known as C&F BANK, C&F MOORE ,Moore Loans.

When purchasing an automobile the dealership shops your deal through a pool of lenders that they deal with. At that time I was happy, I was finally going to get my hands on a car that I had been drooling over.My car was purchased at Cavalere Ford in Norfolk Va.

The loan was picked up by Moore Loans . Being that i just came off a chapter 7 I thought, that 15.9% was normal for someone in my shoes a few months later my wife gets a lcar loan at 9%. However The staff at Moore loans worked with me when I had problems and I stayed on track or as close to being on track as possible.

Then they got bought by C&F Bank , switched from Moore loans to C&F Moore then to C&F finance company. That's when the problems began. NOw I've been late a couple of time but now I am one month late due to a suspenion I had to serve at the job and at that time my wife was out on disability and its taking a while to get caught up plus I have an another issue that was holding me back from catching up.

They're threatening repo, don't accept partial payments nor do they refinance , if You malke a payment by credit or debit card they charge you for that additionally and the their collection department can be wrather nasty . Almost to the point where I have considered going up there and squatting in their lobby until the party came out and wash their mouths out for talking smack like that. But I figured this would be a more civilized and effective way to deal with them.

If you are about to purchase an automobile find out who the loan company is . Do they have a physical address or a po box. Ask what their rate is, do they refinance, would they be willing to take a partial payment if you got into a situation where a partial payment is all you could do at that time. These issues do and can make a difference in the total car buying experiance and don't always take the dealers word [they 're the only ones who would take the loan].

Buyer BEWARE, BEWARE of C&F FINANCE COMPANY AND OTHER COMPANIES LIKE THEM ! Preditorial auto loans ,it's a business.
Bad business, another thing is, these dealerships know who they are and know how they get down. For honest people looking to make a comeback in the credit game, for me the lure was that car i wanted so badly.

The rip off is the percent they through at you, knowing how bad you want or need the car, being in a secondary lenders situation the shaft is not knowing the tendacies of the lender, how they will treat you if you ever have a problem preventing you from doing right.

yorktown, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2007 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CF-FINANCE-COMPANY/RICHMOND-Virginia-23231/CF-FINANCE-COMPANY-preditorial-auto-lender-ripoff-RICHMOND-Virginia-236421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C&F FINANCE COMPANY