Complaint Review: CFB Financial - Merchants' Credit Guide Company

• Submitted: Thu, May 04, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 04, 2006

• Reported By:dalton Massachusetts
CFB Financial - Merchants' Credit Guide Company
223 W.Jackson Blvd Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

CFB Financial - Merchants' Credit Guide Company ripoff collection attempt on non-existent account Chicago Illinois

I received a letter from Merchants' Credit Guide Co. on 5/1/06 for collection of a defaulted credit card account in the amount of $1213.22 Having just reviewed my credit report within the last 8 months I knew that no such acct. existed. The client was listed as CFB Financial and the original creditor was listed as Bank of America. I contacted Merchants' for more information. I spoke with a Miss Howard. She was unable to tell me when this acct. was originally opened.

I asked for the phone # of CFB Financial and was told I would have to call information. I then contacted Bank of America. Bank of America told me they had no record of any such acct. I even spoke to someone in Bank of America's Recovery Department, again no record of this acct.

I believe now that this is a fictitious acct #. The credit card acct number in question begins with the # 3. Bank of America stated to me all of thier acct #'s begin with a #4. so in ending. I Goggled CFB Financial and here I am writing this report.

You folks are really wonderful for being here and I am very confident know that I can fight it. Many Thanks!

Robert
dalton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2006 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CFB-Financial-Merchants-Credit-Guide-Company/Chicago-Illinois-60606/CFB-Financial-Merchants-Credit-Guide-Company-ripoff-collection-attempt-on-non-existent-189917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CFB Financial - Merchants' Credit Guide Company

elsewhere