Complaint Review: CGY Incorporated Professional Surveyors & Mappers

• Submitted: Thu, July 09, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Pierce Florida
CGY Incorporated Professional Surveyors & Mappers
1505 S.W. Martin Highway Palm City, Florida U.S.A.

CGY Incorporated Professional Surveyors & Mappers, George C "Chappy" Young, Barbara Essenwine Bait & Switch - Quotes one price then invoices another, then files a bogus Lien. A variation of an old scam. Palm City Florida

My attorney reccomended this Land Survey company to me so I didn't suspect any foul play. They sent me a Letter of Transmittal indicating the survey would be not more than $500.00. Wow, that is a lot of money for a residential survey but they were reccomended. So I signed the form they enclosed in a packet and mailed it back so they would start the job.

They did the survey and a few weeks later I got a bill for $1,500.00 Huh? So I wrote them and asked for a corrected bill. Instead I got a phone call from some woman in their office who delivered worst verbal abuse I can recall. Totally unprofessional. This certianly indicated to me that they have a scam going. They claim to have a copy of an Agreement for Services for $1,500.00. What???? If so, then why do I have their original Letter of Transmttal stating $500.00? Is their copy a forgery? I think so.

One week later I get a copy of a Lien they filed on my property. I even called the owner George "Chappy" Young and before I could explain the situation he just hung up on me. Nice guy there Chappy! GCY is trying to screw me out of $1,000.00. What a rip off! I'm taking them to small claims court. Is this worth taking a company to small claims court over a $1,000.00 issue? Financially speaking, not likely. But I'm not going sit by and do nothing while these crooks rip me off.

Before you consider using GCY, think about what they did to me. You could be next!

Fort Pierce, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2009 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CGY-Incorporated-Professional-Surveyors-Mappers/Palm-City-Florida-34990/CGY-Incorporated-Professional-Surveyors-Mappers-George-C-Chappy-Young-Barbara-Essenw-467923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CGY Incorporated Professional Surveyors & Mappers