Complaint Review: CHACON AUTOS LLC

• Reported By: anonymous — haltom city Texas United States of America
CHACON AUTOS LLC
11800 E NorthWest Hwy dallas, Texas United States of America

CHACON AUTOS LLC COMPANY IS A RIP OFF/NOT PROFESSIONAL BY FAR dallas , Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't get behind!

I had been a customer with Chacon Autos for years. I first had a 2002 Mustang, paid that down and then traded it in for a 2005 Mustang. My balance on the second Mustang started off at about $22,000 and just recently the payoff on my car was 3,774.00.I was behind on my payments. I had brought a money order for $450 and they cashed it. 2 weeks later, I was advised that the money order bounced. I found out the there was a stop payment on the money order and turns out that it was due to a mistake on the gas stations part from which i purchased it from. I corrected the issue with the gas staion and adv Chacon Autos to apply the money order b/c it was now cashable. They advised me that they could not try and cash it again. So while I was waiting to get my check back from Western Union, I wrote Chacon Autos a check. They then advised me that they didnt apply the check to my account due to the money order issue. I talked to my account representative and we went over different options. Either i could bring cash to apply to my account or rewrite the loan. Meanwhile, i was thinking about selling my vehicle. The account representative advised me to let her know what i wanted to do on the account. I ended up selling the car to a company for $5000. I advised them to payoff Chacon Autos and then when they sent the title to them, they would pay me the difference.

I advised the Chacon Autos account representative of all this information. She stated she notated my account. Her name is Brittany. Since the company that was buying my car received a 10 day payoff letter from Chacon with the payoff amount, Brittany wanted to know if she should apply the check i had given them to the account or not. I advised her not to b/c they were going to send over a cashiers check for the amount on the payoff letter.So, i was suppose to drop off the car to the purchaser on Monday March 29th and then they would overnight a Cashiers Check to Chacon Autos. So on Sunday night,March 28th at 2 am, my car was reposessed by Chacon Autos. I called Brittany on MOnday morning and asked why my car was repoed. She could not give me and answer and she stated that she noted my account that I was selling the car and that they were sending over a cashiers check.She also advised me later on that she spoke with her manager, and her manager also did not know why my car was reposessed. So I ended up having to drive all the way to Dallas to get my stuff out of my car. When I got to Dallas, they wanted me to sign a waiver so that they could just keep my car and i wouldnt be penalized. THEY JUST WANTED TO KEEP MY CAR B/C THEY KNEW THEY COULD MAKE MORE OFF OF IT THAN WHAT I OWED THEM.I had to have the purchaser go up there and bring the Cashiers check with them but they had to add $374 to the payoff check due to a TOWING FEE! Now i am out $374. The car was paid off and it is now in the possession of the purchaser. Chacon Autos should reimburse me for the towing fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2010 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHACON-AUTOS-LLC/dallas-Texas-75218/CHACON-AUTOS-LLC-COMPANY-IS-A-RIP-OFFNOT-PROFESSIONAL-BY-FAR-dallas-Texas-592857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHACON AUTOS LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't get behind!

AUTHOR: Howie - (U.S.A.)

I think the key here is that you were behind. Also, if you can write checks, then you could have obtained a cashier's check from your own bank. Why did you use a money order? It sounds like Brittany didn't communicate your intentions to the higher ups, but this was still your fault since you were behind. I am on my 3rd car from Chacon, and I have NEVER been late. As a result, I never have to talk to them. I mail in my payments within a week of the due date each month, then I watch my online banking to make sure that my checks post. Since I make my payments on time, every time, I never have to worry about my car being repossessed. You broke the rules.