Complaint Review: CHARMING CASTLES Dba INDIES HOUSE

• Submitted: Sun, July 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 06, 2010

• Reported By:LAUREL Mississippi
CHARMING CASTLES Dba INDIES HOUSE
PO BOX 190 HACKLEBURG, Alabama U.S.A.

CHARMING CASTLES Dba INDIES HOUSE POOR WORKMANSHIP, CHEAP MATERIALS, WALL FALLING, FLOORS WARPED HACKLEBURG Alabama

*General Comment: I Know!!!!!!!!

RECEIVED OUR INDIES HOME IN APRIL 2007, THE DAY THEY WERE SETTING IT UP THE FRAME TORE WHEN HOOKING THE TWO PARTS TOGETHER, ALL DOORS AND WINDOW ARE INSTALLED OUT OF SQUARE AND ARE HARD TO OPEN AND CLOSE, ALL CEILING AND WALLS HAVE BEEN FIXED TWICE AND ARE CRACKED AND BUCKLING AGAIN. DUE TO THE FRAME BEING TO WEAK TO SUPPORT HOME ALL FLOORS ARE BUCKLING. CALLED INDIES WITH LIST OF REPAIRS NEEDED AND GIVEN THE RUN AROUND EVERY TIME WE CALLED, FILED A REPORT WITH MISSISSIPPI FIRE MARSHALL THEY CAME AND DID A INSPECTION OF HOME INDIES DID NOT EVEN SEND A REP.

FIRE MARSHALL'S FIRST WORDS TO US WERE TO HIRE A LAWYER BECAUSE INDIES WAS FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY LOCAL MOBILE HOME DEALER NEVER MENTION TO US THAT THEY WERE IN BANKRUPTCY. HIRED LAWYER AND WENT THUR MISSISSIPPI COURTS HIRED A SECOND LAWYER IN THE STATE OF ALABAMA. WAS TOLD THAT WE HAD WAIT FOR THEM TO COME OUT OF BANKRUPTCY TO BE ABLE TO SUE CHARMING CASTLE DBA INDIES HOUSE PAID OVER $80,000.00 FOR A PIECE OF JUNK THAT IS FALLING DOWN AROUND OUR EARS. SO WE ARE STUCK PAYING FOR A HOUSE THAT WE NO LONGER WANT AND CAN NOT SELL

Robert
LAUREL, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2008 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARMING-CASTLES-Dba-INDIES-HOUSE/HACKLEBURG-Alabama/CHARMING-CASTLES-Dba-INDIES-HOUSE-POOR-WORKMANSHIP-CHEAP-MATERIALS-WALL-FALLING-FLOORS-348005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARMING CASTLES Dba INDIES HOUSE

#1 General Comment

I Know!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Indies trailer - (U.S.A.)

We bought an Indies 16x90 and was never told they was going through bankrupt. We was just told they were slow at repairs. Not even a month after we bought our trailer we started having trouble too. First bedroom stayed hot the ac was not cooling off the front part of the trailer. Bathroom and first bedroom had mold and we had to gut everything. The duct work under the trailer has big gaps and all the cool-hot air leaks out. Floor in living room buckled and we have some soft spots thorughout the floors,cracks in ceiling. I can keep going. We bought this trailer in March 2006 and they delivered it in June 2006. We were excited to get it after living in a fema trailer for 10 months. But if I knew what I know now, I would have stayed in the fema trailer. I'm paying 50,000.00 for a piece of junk. I dont give it 2 more years before everything falls apart.