Complaint Review: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS

• Submitted: Mon, July 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 21, 2008

• Reported By:altadena California
CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
CHARTER.COM Altadena, California U.S.A.

CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS 1 digit mistake costs long time customer $125 *ABUSIVE BILLING PRACTICES* Altadena California

*Consumer Comment: Were charges totaling $125 fair? Harsh, maybe, but if your T&C states they can do this-

on June 30 2008 I made an electronic payment via Charters Epay. I had been using this method for 6 months or more with no problems.

however on June 30 when I effectuated my payment, I erroneously entered an incorrect entry, I mixed up two numbers, should be 23 but entered 32( dyslexia or silly mistake?)

Well 8 days later, June 8th, they disconnected my telephone WITHOUT WARNING, NEITHER BY MAIL OR EMAIL was I informed of an imminent disconnect. They arbitrarily left the high speed connected( this part I dont get...they split up what they decide to disconnect???)

I later receive my bill with a returned payment fee of $25. OK fair enough( after all my goof!) however there is a reconnect fee of $60 and they want the next months up front $40??? TOTAL FOR A WRONG ENTRY= $125
They want this, from a 20 year + loyal paying customer!
THEY CAN RECONNECT IN MINUTES RIGHT AT THE KEYBOARD

Is this right, is this fair?
Is this what they call customer "care"?
It is an embarrassing rip-off, is what I think!

Should I take my business elsewhere? Can I file a real complaint somewhere real? many people are being unfairly "ripped" by this GIANT out of control.

Can you believe this backyard low class cable company, is now a major communications player in control of your communications, be it internet, telephone or what you watch?? People are powerless against faceless corp giants hungry for more.

Zookeeper
altadena, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-COMMUNICATIONS/Altadena-California-91001/CHARTER-COMMUNICATIONS-1-digit-mistake-costs-long-time-customer-125-ABUSIVE-BILLING-PRAC-353687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

So leave Charter, already! And maybe from now on, use a check & then read what you have written on that check 3X to be sure you made no errors.

We have neither satellite nor cable. I have read far too many complaints. Some were valid and others were not. Yours might be in a grey area.

The BIGGEST reason I have for having neither satellite nor cable is the mouse print they use on their offers.

I remember one offer was on a single 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. The front side had easy-to-read type complete with '*', '**', '***', and so on, & nice pictures. The back side was blank, except for the bottom 1/3 which had mouse print attached to those pesky '*', '**', '***', and so on, that had been included on the front side.

Another offer put the mouseprint on the front but used tiny dotted-line characters so this set of mouseprint was impossible to read.