Complaint Review: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS

• Updated: Tue, July 06, 2010

• Reported By: Julie — Lake dallas Texas United States of America
CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
Lake Dallas, Texas United States of America

CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS Charter Service Awful, Half The Time No Service, Will Not Fix Overcharge Of $455 Dollars, I'm Done Lake Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Charter Communications

*Consumer Comment: yeah charter sucks

I tried to be patient and work with Charter. I have had them for ten years and had fairly good service until I moved to my current residence." Quote " from there service guys and Field Supervisors " Your at the end of Charters service line, this is the best we can get here, the box outside gets hot or damp," any excuse possible. My internet and TV have service problems half the month. On Demand does not work in my area. I have my phone through Vonage do to not trusting Charter since my phone & internet constantly go out. I work from home and have lost revenue do to this. But do not have another option other than Dish.

In Nov. I was spoke with a service agent out of Canada who worked on my account for 4 hours with me on the phone. Wiped my slate clean, do to all the Service problems and outages for Sept. Oct. Nov. Upgraded everything to the top of the line, ( all TV stations, top internet speed, and booster. )  This was for all the inconvenience, outages, & overcharges. I made a $20.00 payment and thought I finally was back on track. What a joke. Worst mistake I have ever made to trust Charter.

They charged my card $184 dollars instead of the $20 without my permission. I received a bill 3 weeks later for $455.00. They still can not get the bill right keep telling me they can not give more credits, but there billing records only go back to January. They accuse me every time I call of trying to not pay my bill, turn me off every 2 weeks. Every time I call in I pay all that is do according to there agents. They tell you, this will catch your account up until the next billing date, which is the 28th . But I still get a $350 balance forward every month without fail. The agent gets a commission for your payment, so they will Lie to get you to make a payment. I'M TIRED, of 3 to 4 Hours on the phone with them each month. I do not think I would spend 4 hours each month to save $100 Charter. THE AGGRAVATION and TIME are not worth it. GET YOUR RECORDS STRAIGHT!!! Any way its going to have to be Dish, not excited.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2010 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-COMMUNICATIONS/Lake-Dallas-Texas-75065/CHARTER-COMMUNICATIONS-Charter-Service-Awful-Half-The-Time-No-Service-Will-Not-Fix-Over-612770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS

Charter Communications

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

I apologize for the trouble with your billing. I work for Charter Communications to resolve exactly these sorts of issues. Please send me an email at [email protected] with the Name, Address, and Telephone number from your Charter account and I will be happy to research this issue and help straighten things out. In your e-mail, please put CharterWitten in the subject line, so I can keep an eye out for it.

Witten Henderson
Charter
Social Media Communications Specialist

yeah charter sucks

AUTHOR: bill - (USA)

yeah charter sucks,, but you seem to have it way worse, what you need to do is demand all billing statements for as far back as possible. make sure all your figures are correct. make when you call start documenting the date, time, who you talked to, employee number, how long you were on the phone for ect.
then when you've had enough and can take any more of their BS threaten them with contacting your state represenatives the bbc an also ftc, then they might wake up.
if that dont work sue em' for all the hours you had to spend on the phone ($100.00 hour)and for whatever money you think they owe you, if your correct they will have to bring all their proff to court . if they cant produce it you win :)