occasions

CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
WWW.CHARTER.COM Internet U.S.A.

CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS cHARTER BUNDLE SERVICES SALES SCAMS Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Offer of Assistance from Charter

Charter is in its bankruptcy and though it is understandable they need all the aggressive sales tactics, it has got to be in ethical limits not to either confuse or con the customer. I have experienced two methods with they have dodged from their offered bundle services:
1. They offered by mail addressed to my personal name and thanking me for being a long term customer -a bundle service that would expand my service and when called about ordering they declined saying it was for new customers only and I could get it at a higher price then the offer.
2. They sent several e-mails using their e-mail service i subscribe to encourage internet order by offering a TV sweepstakes offer; when I placed the order which went through flawlessly, they did not schedule my installation for two weeks. They sent me a e- mail saying they could not reach me by phone to schedule the appointment but I should call a certain number. From that number I was tossed to three other numbers with each operator telling they could not help me - either it was corporate order they had no access to or they could sell me a bundle with next day installation if ordered inmmediately of course at a much higher rate.
I could not tell whether the operators were genuinely ill-informed / ill- trained, or they were in on the get rid of the customer game. In any case, I am not eh onl;y customer going thru this was evident. I am still getting mail offers which confuse me everytime! Each one addresses me by my first name as well! This type of scam needs to be investigated. One positive thing: Charter internet service is great! --- Simobserver

Simobserver
Marshall, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-COMMUNICATIONS/internet/CHARTER-COMMUNICATIONS-cHARTER-BUNDLE-SERVICES-SALES-SCAMS-Internet-447923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS

Offer of Assistance from Charter

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

My name is Eric Ketzer, and I am a Manager with Charter Communications. First let me apologize for the negative experience you have had trying to get a better bundled rate. Our Policy is to honor any Marketing offer that was sent to a Customer, so this should have never happened. I can certainly get you into the package that was mailed to you. Please contact me at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com, so I can take care of this situation for you.

Again, I am very sorry that Agent did not apply the credit when you called in, but I look forward to resolving this situation for you.

Sincerely,