• Report: #519024

• Updated: Mon, November 09, 2009

• Reported By: Britney — Taylor Michigan United States of America
CHARTER ONE BANK - CITIZENS BANK
www.charterone.com Internet United States of America

CHARTER ONE BANK - CITIZENS BANK RBS Citizens Bank New overdraft policies put in effect without notice/overdraft with no negatives/poor customer service/overdrafts any chance they can Internet

*General Comment: Complete agreement

In the last year, Charter One has taken money out of my account at any chance they can.

I have used their internet services to pay bills and they have sucked money out 2-days before I have authorized just to cause an overdraft on a WEDNESDAY! I had authorized a bill to come out on Friday. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to cause an overdraft. I called the bank and they said their policy states that the bank has the right to take the money out of the account any time within 48-hours of the authorization time-frame. Make sense of that?!

I also have been charged numerous times in the last month of "debit holds" which are overdrafts based on electronic transactions. Even though my account never goes into negative, they still charge overdrafts based on the holds. This is something new but they've said they've been doing it as long as they can remember when I complained about not being notified of the policy.

I also purchased overdraft protection and 2 weeks after I had purchased it, they took the fee out of my account, created an overdraft and then charged me the overdraft without protecting it with my savings...I paid for the service that caused an overdraft and didn't even correct it with the service I used!

I have spent countless hours on the phone with charter one reps and even if they make the mistake on your account, if they reverse a fee - it is counted against you and they will not reverse any further fee's, even if it is a bank error if you have had more than 3 in the year.

Don't waste your money or time on this bank!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2009 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-ONE-BANK-CITIZENS-BANK/internet/CHARTER-ONE-BANK-CITIZENS-BANK-RBS-Citizens-Bank-New-overdraft-policies-put-in-effect-wi-519024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER ONE BANK - CITIZENS BANK

#1 General Comment

Complete agreement

AUTHOR: hooverbranch - (United States of America)

I am in a similar boat with Charter One. And obviously agree with your proposition to not waste your time and money with this bank. I have recently came to the conclusion that no  one at this bank is either willing or able to help a costumer they treated wrongly. There customer service seems to be saying sorry and hoping it disappears.

These Insufficient Funds fee's seem shady to me. How can you fee someone for going negative before they do so and then put them in the negative with that action? This must be the way they are getting their money now and days because they will not budge on that 3 refunds a year. (even if its banker error)