• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 29, 2010

• Reported By: Cristina — Midlothian Illinois United States of America
Nationwide United States of America

CHARTER ONE BANK - CITIZENS BANK Citizens Bank Unauthorized Fees on Account & Customer Service Could NOT do anything about it. Even after evidence presented to them. Chicago, Nationwide

After trying to redeem points from my Charter One account before they charged me the new $25 service fee, I was charged 3 times for this new service which made my account go negative. (I was trying to retrieve points so that I could close my account). After talking to their collections department and then their customer service manager and explained that I never accepted the $25 fee to be withdrawn from my account I got the same answer, "there is nothing that we can do about it".

Good thing that I save my mail though. I explained to the manager that I have a letter from their company that stated if I did not register for the Reward Points I would lose the 12,000 points that I had. Furthermore, assuring her that it was obvious through the letter that I did no register for their service fee rewards. The manager simply stated, "I cannot do anything about it because I cannot see the letter that you are telling me about, but now I have de-enrolled your account from the reward points."  Yeah like that was going to comp for the $75 in service fee for this program and $35 for being over drawn.

Now I have to go out of my way to show someone at a bank branch that I have a letter indicating that I was never enrolled (as all the Charter One banks have closed around me) to probably hear the same thing.

It's unfortunate to see how much a bank has changed and how their customer service is based on one quick answer to your worries, "Sorry we cannot do anything about it."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-ONE-BANK-CITIZENS-BANK/nationwide/CHARTER-ONE-BANK-CITIZENS-BANK-Citizens-Bank-Unauthorized-Fees-on-Account-Customer-Ser-587043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER ONE BANK - CITIZENS BANK