Complaint Review: CHARTER ONE BANK

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

CHARTER ONE BANK HOLDS INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT CHECKS FOR 10 DAYS Nationwide

Waited for an insurance check to come for over 4 months. When the check arrived, I was so exiced to receive it that I signed it and brought it to the Charter One teller for deposit. She accepted the check and deposited it in my account. We waited about 6 days before spending any of the money to replace household items as we had a housefire. When things started bouncing, I called to verify what happend.

I was told that my check was being sent back to me. They would not tell me why. I was very upset. Several days go by before I received the check back in the mail AFTER they had the check in their possession for 10 days already "on hold".

When it was returned, I realized that I forgot to have my husband sign it. The check said irregular signature. Okay, I understand. I'm a dummy. It's important that all persons to whom the check is written should in fact sign the check. I accepted full responsibility for the Returned check fee, however, then came the NSF charges. When asking to help out with the NSF charges, I was told "Sorry it wasn't bank error". $214.00 worth of NSF charges.

Why did it take 7 more days to get the check back after they already held it for 10 days? Why did Charter One teller person accept the check in the first place? Why did the home office of Charter One try to verify the funds with the insurance company without all signatures on the check?

Per my count, two Charter One employees handled this check improperly at this point. Why did someone hold my check for 10 days without a phone call? Why was Charter One going to hold my check ANOTHER 10 days after I had my husband sign the check after I finally got it back? Why couldn't someone JUST MAKE A PHONE CALL? WHERE IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS?

Remember, I already had enough problems at the time, i.e. the house fire and all. I did not deposit that very large check into Charter One Bank once I got it back. I deposited the check at our credit union, they made A call, the check was available to us the next day. WAY TO GO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT CHARTER ONE BANK.

Signed,
Transfering six accounts to Chase Bank

C
, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2007 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-ONE-BANK/nationwide/CHARTER-ONE-BANK-HOLDS-INSURANCE-REIMBURSEMENT-CHECKS-FOR-10-DAYS-Nationwide-237166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER ONE BANK