Complaint Review: CHARTER ONE

• Submitted: Sat, June 26, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 01, 2004

• Reported By:Clifton Park New York
CHARTER ONE
POB 89428, CLEVELAND, OH 44101-6428 Clifton Park, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-242-7837
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

CHARTER ONE BANK STOLE MY ENTIRE OPENING BALANCE! CLEVELAND, OHIO

*Consumer Comment: My Experience with Charter One has been a Positive One!

I fell for their no fee/ totally free checking and got ripped off!! They took my entire opening balance and refused my attempts to withdraw the remainder when there was still something left.

Pearl
Clifton Park, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2004 05:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-ONE/Clifton-Park-New-York-12065/CHARTER-ONE-BANK-STOLE-MY-ENTIRE-OPENING-BALANCE-CLEVELAND-OHIO-96502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER ONE

My Experience with Charter One has been a Positive One!

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to hear about all of these problems people have been having with Charter One Bank.

I became a customer back in April of 2004 after my husband died suddenly.

They treated me kindly and considerately, and gave me no trouble when I presented checks that were made out to "estate of...." or were otherwise made out to my deceased husband's name.

I did get an overdraft once but I went and made a deposit to cover what they paid out for me, before the $33.00 fee kicked in. Yes, every three days they tell me that your account incurs this $33.00 until it is paid- but that is just happens to be the penalty for not being more careful in balancing your account.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC