Complaint Review: CHASE BANK USA

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 28, 2009

• Reported By:Hauppauge New York
CHASE BANK USA
PO BOX 15298 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 302-758-2428
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

CHASE BANK USA REFUSED TO HONOR MY CREDIT LINE Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit line v cash advance

I have had a credit line Visa Card with Chase since 2006. I have never been late with a payment. In addition, I have good credit and my credit report shows that I pay my bills on time. This credit card had a limit of $3700.00. In addition this account came with check writing privledges. I wrote a check for $2000.00 and deposited it into my account. Prior to doing this I called Chase to confirm that what I was doing was alright. I was told it was alright and proceeded. This morning at 8:20am est I did receive a phone call from a man who identified himself as calling from "Credit Operations". My caller ID did show "Private Caller". This man asked me numerous personal questions and stated it was his job to complete a review of the account. I had to stop him numerous times and ask him to identify himself. In addition, not knowing who in fact I was speaking to, I had to insure that he was who he said he was by identify my employer. After answering his questions I was told that a check which I had written for $2000.00, which had cleared my bank, would not be honored. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, at which point I was put on the phone with "Larry". Larry refused to give me his last name, address or contact phone number. Larry told me that because of my credit report showing a high debt to income ratio Chase would not honor this check. i explained that this would cause a problem since I had already accounted for and used the monies. My bank was under the assumption, as was I, that this check had cleared. Chase has caused me, my family, my reputation harm by their inconsiderate and drastic tactics. At no time did Chase advise me that they would not honor my credit line or the check I had written. It was after the fact that Chase did what they did and what they did is wrong. At the least, at this point Chase should have agreed to honor this check. If they want to reduce my limit so be it, but honor the check. It's banks such as this that are causing many American's headaches and heartaches. These big banking institutions feel that there's nothing that and average, hardworking individual can do, or should I say won't do. Chase does not see the harm or the tears in the eyes of the American's that they are hurting. Chase is destroying the same American people who brought them to the status that they are at now. If nothing else the $2000.00 check should have been honored, as not written or verbal notice was given that would have led me to believe anything different.

Linda
Hauppauge, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE-BANK-USA/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/CHASE-BANK-USA-REFUSED-TO-HONOR-MY-CREDIT-LINE-Wilmington-Delaware-428244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHASE BANK USA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Credit line v cash advance

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

Probably what happened is that the check exceeded your accounts cash advance limit, which sometimes is different than your total credit line. For instance, you may have a $3000 credit limit, but only $1500 cash advance limit. ( A check drawn on a credit line is considered a cash advance). This is a risk management/fraud/protection policy that many banks have to limit exposure to losses in case someone's card/credit line is compromised.