Complaint Review: CHASE BANK

CHASE BANK Unauthorized charges and NSF fees from stolen debit card , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Missing Information

*Author of original report: Chase Bank

*Consumer Comment: Question.

Im reaching out to you for help. My debit card was stolen and I have unauthorized debits to my account.
I reported the incident to Chase for stolen activity on my account within a week.  Chase was also contacted
via fax. Chase said they would investigate the dispute and get back to me.

Chase has not resolved this matter.  I get collection calls every day except on Sunday.  Its very upsetting to get calls to pay for unauthorized charges and NSF charges.  Its not right for Chase to expect me to pay for someones criminal activity.
Chase was notified and faxed the information of fraudulent activity.  I escalated my complaint four times and the phone representative would just transfer me to another.  They were indignant and abrupt with their decline decision.  Finally a Chase
operation specialist stated that there was nothing I could do.  The decline decision will stand.  I responded that his decision was unjust and not fair.

After approximately 4 months Im still not satisfied how Chase can steal from its clients.  They are like thieves with ties.  As of last week Chase offered to settle the charged off account for $200 for negative balance of about $600.  I said no!  I will not pay someone to steal from me. Im a grandparent raising grandkids with no budget to subsidize criminal activity.

I tried reaching out to NACHA a supposed government agency that rules REG E.  I found out its a 3rd party entity for electronic transactions.  They support banks in a Pay as you Play scheme to shield banks from being forthright

Please help.  I would like to think that justice can be had.  I went for a free consultation on this matter.
It would cost $1500 to make it right.  I dont have funds to correct this crime.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE-BANK/internet/CHASE-BANK-Unauthorized-charges-and-NSF-fees-from-stolen-debit-card-Internet-984499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHASE BANK

Missing Information

AUTHOR: sphnx87 - (United States of America)

They wouldn't dismiss your claim without a reason. There is missing information in this story.

Chase Bank

AUTHOR: Matthew Josiah - (United States of America)

No Pin was used in the transactions per representatives report. They stated that transactions were done in the Phoenix area. I shared that the transactions were done with retailers I never did business with.  When I said responded the literal sense of the word was to respond appropriately. Thorough fair and honest investigation. To resolve this complaint justly. Would you be receptive to pay for unauthorized charges?  No matter how you choose to play semantics wrong is wrong. Conduct yourself accordingly!

Question.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" Chase said they would investigate the dispute and get back to me. Chase has not resolved this matter.   "

This is not quite accurate.    You state later that they have declined your fraud claim, so they in fact have resolved it.  Just not the way you would like.

"    They were indignant and abrupt with their decline decision.  "

So, they have declined your claim.   Your post does not go into the reasons that they gave you.  That would seem to have some bearing on the matter.    Care to clue us in?

Does it have something to do with the unathorized transactions being made with your PIN?  That is the most likely reason for denial.